RCMP officer convicted of aggravated assault


grumpydigger
#1
No jail time for Vancouver island RCMP officer convicted of aggravated assault - BC | Globalnews.ca The RCMP officer convicted of aggravated assault in the 2009 Duncan shooting will not be going to jail.
Constable David Pompeo was sentenced to two years of probation and 240 hours of community service today.
Pompeo was found guilty of shooting an unarmed man during a routine traffic stop in Chemainus four years ago.
The victim survived after being in critical condition for ten days.
An internal RCMP investigation found Pompeo guilty of disgraceful conduct.
He remained on active duty as the case went through the courts...........................................T his brings up a very serious question . What does a rcmp have to do to get fired and spend time in prison?????????maybe commit a terrorist act .....kick Harper in the ball ..i guess we just have to wait and see what the next screw up is
 
JLM
+1
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydiggerView Post

No jail time for Vancouver island RCMP officer convicted of aggravated assault - BC | Globalnews.ca The RCMP officer convicted of aggravated assault in the 2009 Duncan shooting will not be going to jail.
Constable David Pompeo was sentenced to two years of probation and 240 hours of community service today.
Pompeo was found guilty of shooting an unarmed man during a routine traffic stop in Chemainus four years ago.
The victim survived after being in critical condition for ten days.
An internal RCMP investigation found Pompeo guilty of disgraceful conduct.
He remained on active duty as the case went through the courts...........................................T his brings up a very serious question . What does a rcmp have to do to get fired and spend time in prison?????????maybe commit a terrorist act .....kick Harper in the ball ..i guess we just have to wait and see what the next screw up is


There is one way to fix that little conundrum- All proceedings against the R.C.M.P. should be by jury, where the jury decides the sentence.
 
damngrumpy
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
It has come to the point where the RCMP can no long police and investigate itself.
The guy is on leave and paid while continuing to apparently do nasty things we as
a society should take responsibility for the force and in so doing force the changes
on the police through our governments legislation.
The cops like the churches and others should have to obey the law of the land.
No more paid leave for waiting for charges. Bookem Danno
 
JLM
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

It has come to the point where the RCMP can no long police and investigate itself.
The guy is on leave and paid while continuing to apparently do nasty things we as
a society should take responsibility for the force and in so doing force the changes
on the police through our governments legislation.
The cops like the churches and others should have to obey the law of the land.
No more paid leave for waiting for charges. Bookem Danno


The saddest part of all is what this says about the R.C.M.P. Commissioner in Ottawa! Can he really be as corrupt as the rest of them? Actually I should say can he be more corrupt than the rest of them?
 
taxslave
#5
Unfortunately he is innocent until proven guilty and therefore entitled to retain his job until convicted. A speedier just us system is needed.
 
JLM
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Unfortunately he is innocent until proven guilty and therefore entitled to retain his job until convicted. A speedier just us system is needed.


I'm of two minds about that. First innocent until proven guilty is a myth, there's all kinds of "innocent" people in jail for years waiting for trial, but how many of them actually are innocent? Those people obviously don't get to keep their jobs while awaiting trial.
 
no new posts