Canadian Police Arrest Man for Photographing Cop Car as Daughter Records

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2013/11/30/canadian-police-arrest-man-photographing-cop-car/ A Canadian man receiving a parking citation in downtown Montreal decided to step out of his car and take a picture of the police car.
He ended up getting beat up, handcuffed and arrested.
All while his 17-year-old daughter video recorded the incident.
Now the video is going viral, a disturbing scene of a man screaming in pain as his daughter pleas for his safety, another chilling chapter in the War on Cameras.
According to the Huffington Post:
Boder told Huffington Post Quebec he made a brief stop in downtown Montreal earlier this month, parking at Peel St. and de Maisonneuve Blvd. so his daughter could run into a store.
When she returned, a police officer approached the car, issuing an $88 ticket for illegal parking. At that point, Boder stepped out of his car to snap a picture of the police vehicle.
And then things took a dramatic turn.
Boder claims the officer started screaming at him, asking “You do not have enough trouble?”
“That hurts,” Boder yells in the clip, as he’s pressed up against a wall by a pair of burly officers.
His daughter begs, “Let go of my dad!”
Dirk Boder was released an hour later with citations for illegal parking and obstructing traffic.
According to Global News:
After watching the video, Sgt. Laurent Gingras of the SPVM admits it doesn’t look good. But he also insists it doesn’t show the full picture since the public doesn’t see what happens before and after the intervention.
“He was obstructing traffic. That’s why they came to him, not because he was taking pictures,” said Gingras.
Boder is most upset about the fact that police took off with him, leaving his daughter stranded on the street in the dark. She even tried to call 9-1-1 to find out where her father was taken, but says they hung up on her twice.
Police eventually brought him back to the scene to meet up with his daughter close to an hour later. The carpenter was forced to take a few days off work, after suffering minor injuries to his hands. He feels humiliated about the incident and says his daughter has been crying constantly ever since.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Something about that sounded so intensely insincere and contrived. I know, chalk one up to karrie being a jaded *****, but something has my alarm bells going off about the way the dad and daughter were 'acting'.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This will eventually work its way through the courts, but remember the cops are
now sensitive to pictures or anything that might shed the truth on their little games.
Not sure if this is one of those little games but you have to admit the police are
no longer held in high esteem because of their past behaviour.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
A setup it may well be unfortunately the bad behaviour of police the last while
leaves room for doubt and that is worse than a setup.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Something about that sounded so intensely insincere and contrived. I know, chalk one up to karrie being a jaded *****, but something has my alarm bells going off about the way the dad and daughter were 'acting'.

No I'm with you here Karrie.

I love seeing crooked cops get busted on cam trying to pull stuff or bully people.

But when I see a guy screaming like this... no... I'm not so sympathetic. The guy got a ticket and decided to throw a temper tantrum and make a little extra dough through the courts.

Pathetic... in front of his own daughter too.

"CALL MOMMY!"

Seriously dude?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
No I'm with you here Karrie.

I love seeing crooked cops get busted on cam trying to pull stuff or bully people.

But when I see a guy screaming like this... no... I'm not so sympathetic. The guy got a ticket and decided to throw a temper tantrum and make a little extra dough through the courts.

Pathetic... in front of his own daughter too.

"CALL MOMMY!"

Seriously dude?

That's where it got weird, because it sounded like a bad script from thereon... call mommy. Even the way she says it 'mommy', and 'daddy'... 'daddy needs his hands to work'.... it smacked of bad acting setting up the 'scared child' act for the lawsuit as to why he can't work and the cops need to pay.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Now, it's not Oscar worthy but yes, it did seem a little contrived.

See and this to me is the problem with every incident being recorded now a days, before too long the idea to record will precede the incident.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Not sure it should be a crime to take a picture. There's simply too mnay cops on the streets these days. They're bored and have nothing to do and this is the result. Also, because there are so many, the quality of the cops goes down.

The cop made an interesting comment that the viewer doesn't see what the context of the event was because it wasn't on camera. However, in many recent incidents, further video evidence has come to light showing that there was no context to support the behviour--the death of Robert Dzienski, for instacne, where the cops simply lied through their teeth because they didn't realize that con tray video evidence existed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I get a kick out of a-hole cops getting caught on cam and losing their jobs.

I also get a kick out of &^$$ies like this screaming and acting like a 4 year old upset at leaving Grandma's house... refusing to walk... dragging feet... screaming like he's getting flayed.

"Mommy! Daddy!".... A 17 year old girl talking like that?

"OWWWWWWW! Call MOMMY! OWWWWWWW! OWWWWWWWW!"... a father carrying on like that?

What a tard... off to jail with you now.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
OMG 17? I missed that in the OP, lol.

A 17 is screaming about being to young to be left alone? Most 17 year olds I know would jump at the chance, lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
OMG 17? I missed that in the OP, lol.

A 17 is screaming about being to young to be left alone? Most 17 year olds I know would jump at the chance, lol.

She was old enough to call a cop psychopathic to his face... she had a cell phone and was in contact with her mom. She knew exactly where she was.... yeah, she wasn't some scared little kid.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Not sure it should be a crime to take a picture. There's simply too mnay cops on the streets these days. They're bored and have nothing to do and this is the result. Also, because there are so many, the quality of the cops goes down.

The cop made an interesting comment that the viewer doesn't see what the context of the event was because it wasn't on camera. However, in many recent incidents, further video evidence has come to light showing that there was no context to support the behviour--the death of Robert Dzienski, for instacne, where the cops simply lied through their teeth because they didn't realize that con tray video evidence existed.

It absolutely, 100%, should not be a crime to take a picture.

But, I'm not gonna take this family's word that 'all he did' is snap a picture. Something smells mighty fishy.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
She was old enough to call a cop psychopathic to his face... she had a cell phone and was in contact with her mom. She knew exactly where she was.... yeah, she wasn't some scared little kid.

And the cops were pretty damn calm about the whole thing too....there's no way that guy was hauled off for a parking violation. I don't buy it....not even from Montreal cops.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The cops were calm about it... that's one of the parts that makes it so funny.

The guy parks illegally so his daughter can shop... gets a painful ticket... and just doesn't want to let it go.

He reminds me of the Occupy Wall St. types when they get pinched.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
And the cops were pretty damn calm about the whole thing too....there's no way that guy was hauled off for a parking violation. I don't buy it....not even from Montreal cops.

I recall watching a short video of a police officer remaining calm while the driver that he ticketed went absolutely bananas! The guy ripped up the ticket and threw it out the window, and all the officer did was tell him to pick up the pieces or he would be issued a ticket for littering. The guy was screaming like a petulant child, but in the end he did what he was told.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I recall watching a short video of a police officer remaining calm while the driver that he ticketed went absolutely bananas! The guy ripped up the ticket and threw it out the window, and all the officer did was tell him to pick up the pieces or he would be issued a ticket for littering. The guy was screaming like a petulant child, but in the end he did what he was told.

You know, there are idiot police officers out there because, as they're human and some humans are idiots, the odds are there must be at least some. But there are also a lot of idiot civilians too.

But this whole 'film and upload' phenomena has become too much of a cash cow to trust pretty much anything on the face of it anymore. And the caterwauling of these two in the video is just too over the top.