Laura Robinson- Victim or Bitch?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I've heard the allegations but haven't read the original article. Seems to me that if she can document her sources and she hasn't grossly overstated the accusations (to make them seem more like fact), then she should be able to publish without penalty. Beyond that I really have no opinion as to the likelihood of guilt or innocence, I'll trust the courts to sort that one out.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You're insinuating that she is a bitch for legally defending herself against his lawsuit?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Remember there are more voices with accusations. Don't know if he is guilty or not
but society seems to think perhaps he should have a pass because he was involved
in the Olympics. Just because its hard to find all the evidence from decades ago does
not make him innocent, doesn't mean he's guilty either.
I find it hard to believe that someone would want to go through what the woman is going
through just for the hell of it.
I don't think she's a bitch I think she believes she trusted a legal system that has failed her.
Furlong is a victim of the same system it does not mean he's guilty or not but the time it
took is victimizing.
It should also be noted the Churches have done all they can to scrub evidence from the face
of the earth. And of course today the police are not really trusted either.
Furlong would be wise to protest his innocence and move on. God knows what might come
out of the closet during a lawsuit.
All I can agree with it that this whole thing is an unfortunate mess and having it drag on will
serve the interests of no one.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You're insinuating that she is a bitch for legally defending herself against his lawsuit?

No. For making false aligations and destroying an inocent mans life. On Global news the last couple of nights they stated that the RCMP have thrown out one complaint as false.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
taxslave where my disagreement comes is we don't know if the allegations were
done with malice, we don't know if Furlong is innocent. We also don't know if
either is guilty of anything. The only thing we know for sure is that the police
had a hard time finding certain pieces of evidence. How do we know that? The
RCMP have stated they have left the file open. That does not mean Furlong is
guilty or not it means they are still looking or waiting for certain parties to come
forward. The reason I would suggest Furlong move on is, who knows what will
come out in such a case. Furlong has a right to proceed with a lawsuit. His
arrogance may land him in more hot water.
I wonder what a good lawyer can find. Remember it won't be about the accusations
it will be about reasonable doubt as to his truthfulness and a good lawyer can always
find something to make a good name go away in a hurry.
I think this should just die a mystery for now

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Remember there are more voices with accusations. Don't know if he is guilty or not
but society seems to think perhaps he should have a pass because he was involved
in the Olympics. Just because its hard to find all the evidence from decades ago does
not make him innocent, doesn't mean he's guilty either.
I find it hard to believe that someone would want to go through what the woman is going
through just for the hell of it.
I don't think she's a bitch I think she believes she trusted a legal system that has failed her.
Furlong is a victim of the same system it does not mean he's guilty or not but the time it
took is victimizing.
It should also be noted the Churches have done all they can to scrub evidence from the face
of the earth. And of course today the police are not really trusted either.
Furlong would be wise to protest his innocence and move on. God knows what might come
out of the closet during a lawsuit.
All I can agree with it that this whole thing is an unfortunate mess and having it drag on will
serve the interests of no one.

Yeah, I think you pretty well have the situation pegged correctly. Apparently there are other allegations against Furlong, BUT I don't know if they are SEPARATE allegations or just more stemming from the same source. Spiteful people can do terrible things.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
No. For making false aligations and destroying an inocent mans life. On Global news the last couple of nights they stated that the RCMP have thrown out one complaint as false.

His issue would be with that compaintant. Seems to me she reported the claims. She claims she verified them. If she did, I think she is on pretty solid ground even if they prove untrue. His issue should be with those laying the complaints.

But 8 students laying accusations. 2 ex-wives doing the same. One cannot help but think of they saying 'where there is smoke, there is fire'. I can buy a sole accusation or a pair of accusations may be false or falsified but 8? Stretches the credibility of the false accusation theory a bit thin.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How do you know he's innocent?

I would suggest that OFFICIALLY as of today he's innocent (and hopefully he is) but sh*t can change overnight (just ask Harper) -:)

His issue would be with that compaintant. Seems to me she reported the claims. She claims she verified them. If she did, I think she is on pretty solid ground even if they prove untrue. His issue should be with those laying the complaints.

But 8 students laying accusations. 2 ex-wives doing the same. One cannot help but think of they saying 'where there is smoke, there is fire'. I can buy a sole accusation or a pair of accusations may be false or falsified but 8? Stretches the credibility of the false accusation theory a bit thin.

Ya just can't never tell, those two ex wives could be EX because they are bitches!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I would suggest that OFFICIALLY as of today he's innocent (and hopefully he is) but sh*t can change overnight (just ask Harper) -:)

Ya just can't never tell, those two ex wives could be EX because they are bitches!

It's equally plausible that he was an abusive s.o.b. and they ran for the hills.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

If he's got that many 'bitches' in his life, there's a problem.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's equally plausible that he was an abusive s.o.b. and they ran for the hills.

That's why I highlighted "could"- you just don't know who's wearing the "dirty laundry"- :)

If he's got that many 'bitches' in his life, there's a problem.

Yep, some people have a knack for attracting people who are not as squeaky clean as the Pope!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's why I highlighted "could"- you just don't know who's wearing the "dirty laundry"- :)

Yep, some people have a knack for attracting people who are not as squeaky clean as the Pope!

not as squeaky clean as the pope, versus willing to make false abuse accusations. Hmmm.

I note as well that wife number 2 hasn't made the accusations herself, others have told what they saw and heard.

But.... bitches just be hatin' I suppose.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
not as squeaky clean as the pope, versus willing to make false abuse accusations. Hmmm.

I note as well that wife number 2 hasn't made the accusations herself, others have told what they saw and heard.

But.... bitches just be hatin' I suppose.

Yep, until you actually see something yourself you are never sure what the true story is. -:) (Do you think that's why hearsay isn't allowed in court? -:) )

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yep, until you actually see something yourself you are never sure what the true story is. -:) (Do you think that's why hearsay isn't allowed in court? -:) )

Almost all reporting is hearsay... telling someone else's story. If people take reporters to court everytime they don't like a story about them, our courts will be backlogged.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Almost all reporting is hearsay... telling someone else's story. If people take reporters to court everytime they don't like a story about them, our courts will be backlogged.

A good reporter should disclose their source or at least say the source is "suspect". I think only an idiot or unscrupulous person will deliberately give a reporter bad information or pass bad information along as good information.