Crews find ancient aboriginal bones along pipeline route

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Crews find ancient aboriginal bones along pipeline route

CBC News

The discovery of ancient aboriginal remains has led to a temporary shut down in the construction of a gas pipeline near Moose Jaw.

TransGas, a SaskEnergy company, is building a new natural gas connection for the K+S potash mine in the area.

A contracted trackhoe operator who was digging a trench spotted the bones one week ago. Archaeologists have since examined the bones and determined they are human remains which predate European contact.

RCMP said analysis indicated the bones date back more than 1000 years.

The discovery has SaskEnergy putting the work on hold while the situation is assessed.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Time to move on. So there are old bones, we already know there were animals here many years ago. So take a sample of bones and keep working.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
It seems that either the environmentalists or Archaeologists are always looking for reasons to stop people from doing their jobs.

Time to put a stop to this nonsense !!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It seems that either the environmentalists or Archaeologists are always looking for reasons to stop people from doing their jobs.

Time to put a stop to this nonsense !!
Stop recording history? Over a minor inconvenience of a couple days?

Do you get mad at mother nature when work is called on the count of rain too?

Durry, I've learned the hard way to just put two frat kids on 'ignore..'
Oh oh, hunny's still here and still feeling hurt.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
We already know a lot about our history. The study of history is a job creator and it's good for those who have nothing else to do!!

Time to move on !!

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
There is remains of humans everywhere in this country....when i was a kid my dad was breaking some land in north east sask and i found arrow heads leather pouches and bones .... That did not make it special....It did not mean some Indian owned the land...It did not mean all work had to STOP

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
There is remains of humans everywhere in this country....when i was a kid my dad was breaking some land in north east sask and i found arrow heads leather pouches and bones .... That did not make it special....It did not mean some Indian owned the land...
No one has said that here.

Maybe you could stick to the facts instead of making things up to argue against.

It did not mean all work had to STOP
That's a shame. Thankfully more enlightened minds oft prevail.

Yeah, I know you easterners stop working whenever there is a little drizzle of rain but we out West work, rain or no rain!!
I'm sure you actually believe that.

We are Working Men out West!!
We'll send you some thinking men to help you along.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I am all for stopping work when archeological finds are discovered.

I have been involved in stoppages like this. Most of the finds we have are Colonial Era and it is pretty interesting seeing them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I am all for stopping work when archeological finds are discovered.

I have been involved in stoppages like this. Most of the finds we have are Colonial Era and it is pretty interesting seeing them.
Of course they're interesting. Most people aren't troglodytes. Even retired Marines.

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
Now it is a sacred burial ground???? LOL! This finding of bones does not mean they need to shut down. But I am sure the Indians will make a big deal out of it, and again we shall pay, somehow they will find a way that we will pay.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Now it is a sacred burial ground???? LOL! This finding of bones does not mean they need to shut down. But I am sure the Indians will make a big deal out of it, and again we shall pay, somehow they will find a way that we will pay.

There are laws and regs they are required to follow. You have a problem with the rule of law when First Nations are involved?