Canada/EU free for all............................................... ........

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Interesting quote from the great mother news works:

When CETA comes into force, Canadians will pay less for items including food, wines and spirits, and even high-end European cars — if retailers and European manufacturers pass on the savings from the elimination of tariffs.""

Well, fukk, folks, of course they will. You've heard of trickle down.

When in recorded memory has the great corporate hand out machine failed to pass on savings ??

I laughed so hard something's trickling down my leg.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Interesting quote from the great mother news works:

When CETA comes into force, Canadians will pay less for items including food, wines and spirits, and even high-end European cars — if retailers and European manufacturers pass on the savings from the elimination of tariffs.""

Well, fukk, folks, of course they will. You've heard of trickle down.

When in recorded memory has the great corporate hand out machine failed to pass on savings ??

I laughed so hard something's trickling down my leg.

Price of booze dropped way down when the AB gvt privatized retail liqour operations.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
You guys realize booze up there is taxed heavily which is why it is so expensive.

Oh yeah- and in AB the private stores have a profit of 22 to 50 % - approx.per sale
A substantial majority of the so called private outlet in AB are owned by 1 or 2 companies.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
Oh yeah- and in AB the private stores have a profit of 22 to 50 % - approx.per sale
A substantial majority of the so called private outlet in AB are owned by 1 or 2 companies.

Profits of 40% or more are pretty standard, you have to realize that is gross profit and after all expenses are paid then your net profit gets taxed.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Profits of 40% or more are pretty standard, you have to realize that is gross profit and after all expenses are paid then your net profit gets taxed.

Gross profit varies by industry. From what I recall an example would be the grocery industry with a profit margin of appox. 4 % in Canada.
The grocery wars have been ongoing the past few years, companies expansion of 3.5 sq ft compared to 1.5 % increase in population.
That can only go on so long.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Price of booze dropped way down when the AB gvt privatized retail liqour operations.

And a big + for Alta. But they ain't Europe. Just making the point that the only thing usually runs downhill is shlt.

I could care less if Ont. beer, wine, and spirits are privatized or not. Don't drink enough for it to matter.

We all know people would rather work for a corner store than a place that pays a living wage and has benefits.

Next Ont. erection, and the Libs will be out and the Cons in. Can hardly wait.

Carry on Capt. Your posts are usually erudite, succinct, and to the point.

You guys realize booze up there is taxed heavily which is why it is so expensive.

No sh*t Sherlock. Booze aint' the half of it. But, if you want good health care and education, someone has to pay.

Perhaps that's what gets Canuks extremely pissed when they see Wallin, Duffy, et al doing their phoney expense things.

We seem to care more about people and have an innate sense of fair play....................................mehhhhh, bye and large.

Not just that, we make so much fricken dough here it doesn't matter.

EEEEEEEEEEhaw.........................:lol:

?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Selection is through the roof in AB Goobs... And if you have any question regarding the costs, take a short trip into BC and compare prices at the Provincially run stores... It's a huge difference

... And those costs only increase if you rely on the gvt to act as retailer as well

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Selection is through the roof in AB Goobs... And if you have any question regarding the costs, take a short trip into BC and compare prices at the Provincially run stores... It's a huge difference

... And those costs only increase if you rely on the gvt to act as retailer as well

I am referring to a few companies controlling the market.