Lunar eclipse, meteor shower treat Canadians this weekend

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Lunar eclipse, meteor shower treat Canadians this weekend - Technology & Science - CBC News

Two cosmic events, a penumbral lunar eclipse tonight and a meteor shower on Sunday, may make it worth your while this weekend to cast a glance at the night sky.

Starting just before 8 p.m. ET Friday, the bottom half of the full moon will be darkened by the Earth's shadow during the penumbral lunar eclipse.

The Earth's shadow has two distinct regions: A very dark, central region called the umbra, and a diffuse outer region called the penumbra.

The penumbra will cause the moon to get dimmer Friday night until about two-thirds of the moon is cloaked in shadow at 8:50 p.m. People in Eastern Canada will be able to see the entire event, but it will be well underway at moonrise for those in Central and Western Canada. This penumbral eclipse will be subtle but still noticeable to anyone who stops to take a look.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
A penumbral eclipse.........be safe.......buy an autographed umbrella...........be.....burka.......safe!

As luck would have it, Spade has an unlimited supply.
Phone 1-800-ALL-SAFE
An Aether Island Quality Company

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
http://stuff.digitalock.com/dune_prophesy.mp3

I love meteor showers. They helped me to go to sleep resting my head on a saddle on a middle late August pack trip. I had a blanket, I had a saddle to rest my head on, and I got to look up and watch stars streak.

I was up unto the continental divide as a kid getting to go along with my dad as he did his job guiding eastern Canadian tourists through the western Canadian Rockies.

My **** little brother was along for that trip, and he screamed "look up"

We saw a massive meteor plow through the upper atmosphere the size of 1/3 the moon, leaving a trail, so bright, it would have lit up the land at night.

Look it up and you'll see about a box-car sized meteor to go over south-western Alberta in the early 70's...

But the question is this...

http://stuff.digitalock.com/crawlingfromthewreckage.mp3

How come everyone with a camera nobody took a picture? *blast* if we'd have had a manager.

Anyway... I got an idea the fu*cking sh*t eaters of Lucifer are going to hate, namely a way to do the f*ck unto his selfishness while we grow without the dumb-**** Germanic depression of places like Casper.

Last edited: