Dangerous offender located.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Sex offender Michael Stanley located in U.S. - Edmonton - CBC News

Michael Stanley, a violent, high-risk sex offender who has been missing for more than a week, has been located in the United States but not arrested, say Edmonton police.

Stanley crossed the border from B.C. into Washington at Blaine on Monday night, said Det. Chris Hayduk at a news conference held in Edmonton Thursday afternoon.

Hayduk said American police are aware that Stanley is wanted in Canada, but there are no warrants for his arrest in the U.S.

He said justice officials in Canada don't have the legal power to apprehend Stanley, but will work to have him extradited.

It is not yet known how Stanley travelled into the U.S.

Authorities will be speaking to Crown prosecutors to prepare for an extradition process once he is brought into custody.

Police in several provinces have been searching for Stanley since he cut off his electronic monitoring bracelet on Oct. 1 in Lloydminster, located on the Alberta-Saskatchewan border.

I really wonder why this guy hasn't been given dangerous offender status and held indefinitely if he's unable to stop being so violent.

Sex offender Michael Stanley has 'horrendous record' - Saskatchewan - CBC News

Police said the Edmonton man has a history of taking children from playgrounds. In 2006, he was sentenced to time behind bars for assault and unlawful confinement after luring two mentally impaired boys to an Edmonton apartment. One boy was 13, and one was nine.

Court heard he smoked crack and blew smoke in their faces.

He spent nine years in prison for the aggravated sexual assault, in the late 1980s, of an 82-year-old Lethbridge woman who was confined to a wheelchair.

Court records say Stanley has a "horrendous record" with numerous convictions going back to 1987. He suffers from a severe personality disorder and is a high risk to reoffend, court has been told.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Oh I am sure the US will have him removed shortly - If they refuse entry for a DWI, then how did this waste of skin get across the border???

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I doubt if they really want him especially as he'd be free down there to roam the streets, at least until he does something.

Who cares if they want him. He is a US citizen and they can't deport him. Even if we ask for extradition he can make it really tough because of his citizenship. That's the funny thing with the US....they will gladly ask for extradition of a British citizen for breech of a US copyright law on British soil but when it comes to shipping a US citizen who is a child molester and rapist somewhere to be prosecuted they don't want to. That's why I say they can have him. We should revoke his Canadian citizenship and make him person-non-grata in Canada, let the US deal with him after he breaks one of their laws.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who cares if they want him. He is a US citizen and they can't deport him. Even if we ask for extradition he can make it really tough because of his citizenship. That's the funny thing with the US....they will gladly ask for extradition of a British citizen for breech of a US copyright law on British soil but when it comes to shipping a US citizen who is a child molester and rapist somewhere to be prosecuted they don't want to. That's why I say they can have him. We should revoke his Canadian citizenship and make him person-non-grata in Canada, let the US deal with him after he breaks one of their laws.

No need to panic, Nick, we'll have him back here in due course and I bet he'll be on really strict probation. He probably won't be allowed to go to any matinees because that's where the kids go, so he'll only be allowed to roam the streets at night.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Cause we got a bunch of lefty do-gooders that care more about criminal's rights than victims ruining our justice system.
Nooooo. Our jails and prisons are full of the "keepers of the earth" who just don't seem to stop offending either.