Heather Koon Raped Babies At Ohio Daycare

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Filmed At Least One Incident: Police (UPDATED)

The sickest news story you'll hear in awhile I'm sure.

She was trusted to take care of defenseless children, but now one Ohio daycare worker is accused of doing the unthinkable -- and filming it.

Heather Koon, 25, faces two counts of rape after police say they found video on her laptop of her "engaging in sexual conduct with an unknown infant." An investigation also revealed an additional victim, according to WOIO.

Police allegedly found the video on Koon's laptop at the apartment where her boyfriend, James Osborne, lives. Osborne is a registered sex offender. Both Koon and Osborne were arrested Oct. 4 within hours of each other, and were held at Lorain County Jail.

more

Heather Koon Raped Babies At Ohio Daycare, Filmed At Least One Incident: Police (UPDATED)

Heather Koon held on $2M bond in Elyria day care rape case | wkyc.com

Elyria child daycare worker charged with rape | wkyc.com

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
There are no words to describe the disgust. It's beyond comprehension to me how a human being could do something like this. I honestly believe these people to be sub-human.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Some people deserve the death penalty. But they will probably just get a few years in prison.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
My kids are much older now but honestly, if this happened to one of mine I would be the one going to jail and I would be going for murder. That simple, I would kill whomever the perpetrator was without a thought for anything else.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I wonder why this case took so long to get resolved.....?

A former Ohio daycare worker has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting young children and capturing the assaults on video.

Heather Koon, 27, admitted she sexually assaulted four children — one of whom was just two years old — while she was employed at ABC Kidz Childcare in Elyria, about 50 kilometres west of Cleveland, between August 2012 and March 2013.

Koon’s defence lawyer, Dan Wightman, told the Chronicle-Telegram he hoped the judge takes into consideration his client “felt compelled to be involved in this activity.”

“It’s very unusual to have a female charged as a sexual predator — almost unheard of,” Wightman told the Washington Post in a separate interview. “Psychologists tend to think she’s more along the lines of a battered woman.

He also said Koon is actually a “charming young lady” once you get to know her.

Parents of the young victims aren’t convinced and want Koon and Osborn to pay for their crimes.

“I never realized creatures like this exist,” the father of a two-year-old victim told the Chronicle-Telegram on June 30. “Hopefully they get nothing less than life.”

That is a possibility, according to the Chronicle-Telegram.

“Many of the charges against the couple carry prison sentences of 15 years to life in prison, but that could be increased to life without parole if Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Miraldi determines they are sexually violent predators at a future hearing,”

Koon pleaded guilty to several charges, including four counts each of rape, kidnapping and pandering obscenity involving.

Osborne, who is already serving an eight-year prison term for violating his probation related to another case involving a minor, pleaded guilty to four counts of complicity to rape, complicity to kidnapping and pandering obscenity involving a minor, among other charges.

Ohio daycare worker admits raping children, taking videos to share with boyfriend - National | Globalnews.ca

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
The impact to victims is very well known. I worked with abused victims and can say without reservation that these two should be killed immediately (my preference, but hey lock them up for life with no chance of parole also works). If society is lucky enough to catch any of these maggots, why oh why are we letting them ever walk amongst our helpless children again !! Some victims do rise above the abuse, but can never forget. A rapist or a pedophile cannot be set free to roam and terrorize their victims, and they will always find new ones !! As long as the world cannot protect our most precious and helpless, we are still a barbaric world. The penalty needs to fit the crime; a lifetime of fear, worthlessness and a overwhelming sense of betrayal that never goes away.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
One of the problems is in "victims" using their own tales of woe to excuse what they have done to others later in life under the guise of a "cycle of abuse". I hope, at some time in her life, Koon's baby brother didn't toddle past her open door while she was filing her nails or something that can be stretched to fit abuse