Cracker Schmaker

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
3 Suspects Won’t Be Charged With Hate Crime In Racially-Motivated Murder Of Seattle Soldier – Update: Called A “Cracker” Before Stabbing Him To Death…

Update to this story

Via IJReview:
A soldier was brutally murdered in what appears to be a racially motivated hate crime in Seattle on Friday evening, the very night he was celebrating with his friends and family the end of his service to our military.

Army Spc. Tevin Geike and two other white soldiers were accosted by five black men driving by, who yelled racial slurs at them, including the epithet, “cracker,” at 2:30 am. One of the soldiers yelled back, ”So this is how we treat combat veterans now?”

The car turned around, and the five men surrounded the three soldiers while verbal insults were exchanged. The driver tried calling his friends off after realizing these were soldiers, but one appeared to “bump” into Geike as they left to get back into their car.

Immediately, Geike collapsed to the ground in began bleeding profusely.

He had been stabbed in the heart.

Keep reading…

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/07/3-suspects-wont-be-charged-with-hatecrime-in-racially-motivated-murder-of-seattle-soldier/

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
You will not get any conversation from the liberals on this board Loc, unless of course it is whites who kill a black:roll:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You will not get any conversation from the liberals on this board Loc, unless of course it is whites who kill a black:roll:

well with such a conducive environment to discuss race, who can blame them. Moronic comments about skittles in every thread regarding anyone with black skin, ignorant anticipatory name calling all the time. Why bother talking to people like that?

For the record, if it was race that actually caused it, and not just a epithet thrown in for good measure, it's a hate crime and should be treated as such. But, not everyone who calls someone a name, killed them because of that name. 'Hate crime' is a ridiculously slimy, hard to pin, designation for a crime.

But, of course, since Zimmerman was tried for a hate crime.... oh... wait.... looks like some people drew some false comparisons again.

A tad unfair there, Upchuck. I was reading the story, hoping one of the soldiers had a gun.............and I guess I'm left of centre.

No way. skittles Nugg!! Skittles!!!!!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Sounds like a night out gone bad for everyone. I'm sure there is a lot of he said-he said in this story. Many would be inclined to reply in kind to racial slurs and quite likely did in this case.

I just don't see a hate crime if they were all in each other's faces.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
KARRIE !!!

Colour me stupid (no pun 'tended)
What are skittles ??

We used to play a pool table game called skittles.

beer and skittles.

skittles the candy

d'oh.8O

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It was just a soldier-on-soldier killing involving a 'bumping'. Nothing to see here.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It was just a soldier-on-soldier killing involving a 'bumping'. Nothing to see here.

Lack of information to make a decision. When the court case is posted, then we will all have more information.
Then a more credible opinion can begin.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

I think that's the horrible, unnerving part of real world violence for many people. Sometimes it's not loud and explosive and at all what we expect. It was an unsettling description of the incident to read.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I think that's the horrible, unnerving part of real world violence for many people. Sometimes it's not loud and explosive and at all what we expect. It was an unsettling description of the incident to read.

I had a friend in my youth who got into it with a couple of guys one night. One of them pushed him in the chest and then walked away. A few moments later we saw blood soaking through Kevin's shirt and he went very pale and hit the ground. Nobody saw a knife or thought anything other than a shove had happened. The guy never yelled or even spoke. It really was quite creepy. It turned out he had been stabbed just above the heart and spent quite some time in hospital. He survived and in the end he only lost his big mouth which was what precipitated the incident.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
well with such a conducive environment to discuss race, who can blame them. Moronic comments about skittles in every thread regarding anyone with black skin, ignorant anticipatory name calling all the time. Why bother talking to people like that?

For the record, if it was race that actually caused it, and not just a epithet thrown in for good measure, it's a hate crime and should be treated as such. But, not everyone who calls someone a name, killed them because of that name. 'Hate crime' is a ridiculously slimy, hard to pin, designation for a crime.

But, of course, since Zimmerman was tried for a hate crime.... oh... wait.... looks like some people drew some false comparisons again.

I would guess that my skin is much darker than yours and i have felt my share of hate from better people than internet heroines. I just like the truth, but thanks anyway.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I had a friend in my youth who got into it with a couple of guys one night. One of them pushed him in the chest and then walked away. A few moments later we saw blood soaking through Kevin's shirt and he went very pale and hit the ground. Nobody saw a knife or thought anything other than a shove had happened. The guy never yelled or even spoke. It really was quite creepy. It turned out he had been stabbed just above the heart and spent quite some time in hospital. He survived and in the end he only lost his big mouth which was what precipitated the incident.

My dad was stabbed as a child, by a mentally disturbed friend of the family. He described it as just all of a sudden not understanding why he felt so nauseous. He said he stood there, looking down as the slow dawning hit, and he just got madder, and more nauseous, and that's all he remembers. No yelling, no drama, just 'what?'

I would guess that my skin is much darker than yours and i have felt my share of hate from better people than internet heroines. I just like the truth, but thanks anyway.

I suspect that if you felt any 'hate' in my reply to you, no matter how dark your skin, it's damn thin.