6 severed cat heads found in Stouffville

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Police say someone intentionally killed and decapitated six cats before placing their heads where people could see them in the quiet town of Stouffville, north of Toronto.

The six disembodied cat heads have been found since mid-August but there were “no signs of torsos, no signs of blood,” York Regional Police Const. Andy Pattenden told a news conference in Stouffville on Thursday morning.

“We don’t know what the motive is behind it,” he said, but added that “it would appear as if there’s some sort of intent there.”

Pattenden stressed that the decapitations of the cats, whose heads were found between Aug. 12 and Sept. 13, do not appear to be the result of accidents or animal predators.

All of the heads appear to have been “placed, and not dropped accidentally or pushed around by something like a motor vehicle,” he said.

When asked whether the animal cruelty is a concern, given the association such acts have with later violence against people, Pattenden said everything is a concern at this point.

6 severed cat heads found in Stouffville | Toronto Star

jaaaaaaaaaaazuz 8O

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's beyond creepy when I read about stuff like that. Firstly, the poor animal certainly doesn't deserve such a fate. Secondly I always picture some really twisted teenager as the culprit who may in future move on to 'larger prey.'

For both reasons I wish there were far more serious consequences for this type of animal cruelty.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It's beyond creepy when I read about stuff like that. Firstly, the poor animal certainly doesn't deserve such a fate. Secondly I always pictur some really twisted teenager as the culprit who may in future move on to 'larger prey.'

For both reasons I wish they were far more serious consequences for this type of animal cruelty.
you are right, we have only recently begun to understand how this predicts future behaviour ... and yes, it would be unsettling to know someone in your community has lost their sensibilities and is hanging severed animal heads in public places

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I remember when I was a kid there was some person going around poisoning dogs. One of them died on my street. I dont think they ever found who was doing it but it was definitely intentional and random around town. I really dont understand why some people do this. The cat head thing seems worse. Its one thing to drop some poison in a dish and walking away. Staying there and manually taking an animals head off, thats straight up sadistic.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I know there is some anecdotal evidence that links a few serial killers to animal killing but it isn't actually a proven theory, it is a possible profiling tool. I am quite surprised some of the more intelligent people here are making the leap immediately with absolutely no clues as to what may actually be happening. This could be someone who just hates cats or is pi$$ed they keep using the flower-bed as a litter box. I know we have had incidents here in the last couple of years of cats going missing in the spring. Some have been found poisoned and others found miles out of town, some never found at all. I'm sure it doesn't help that the town will loan you a cat trap if you complain one keeps coming in your yard.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I know there is some anecdotal evidence that links a few serial killers to animal killing but it isn't actually a proven theory, it is a possible profiling tool. I am quite surprised some of the more intelligent people here are making the leap immediately with absolutely no clues as to what may actually be happening. This could be someone who just hates cats or is pi$$ed they keep using the flower-bed as a litter box. I know we have had incidents here in the last couple of years of cats going missing in the spring. Some have been found poisoned and others found miles out of town, some never found at all. I'm sure it doesn't help that the town will loan you a cat trap if you complain one keeps coming in your yard.
no one said it was a proven theory it is an indicator of a deeply disturbed mentality... psychopathology is a deeply complex issue because most psychopaths do not kill...but many killers and those that are serial killers are psychopaths

neither can one say that someone who "just hates cats" and whacks their heads off isn't a psychopath...there is in fact a great likelihood that they are in fact a psychopath

what is not proven is the escalation to the torture and killing of people, but most who do torture and kill people have an escalation pattern beginning with animals

hope that made some sense, lol

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I know there is some anecdotal evidence that links a few serial killers to animal killing but it isn't actually a proven theory, it is a possible profiling tool. I am quite surprised some of the more intelligent people here are making the leap immediately with absolutely no clues as to what may actually be happening. This could be someone who just hates cats or is pi$$ed they keep using the flower-bed as a litter box.I know we have had incidents here in the last couple of years of cats going missing in the spring. Some have been found poisoned and others found miles out of town, some never found at all. I'm sure it doesn't help that the town will loan you a cat trap if you complain one keeps coming in your yard.

There is a huge, huge difference in my mind between someone who poisons an animal they consider to be a pest and someone who decapitates them. The latter being quite sadistic, especially given that they're leaving them in various places around the area for people to find, that they must be doing just for kicks.

If this were someone simply taking it upon themselves to cull an overpopulation, I'd think they'd dispose of all the remains.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Canada doesn't have strong enough laws for animal abusers.. they ignore a direct link between Animal Abuse and Serial Killers.. some sick fukk is running around the streets and can easily escalate to humans..

The Link Between Animal Abuse and Serial Killers - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

They don't ignore it, they are educated about it. The link is not what people think it is. If someone is a serial killer, you can pretty much guarantee that at some point, they started with animals. If someone kills an animal, you can not guarantee that they will become a serial killer. Plenty of animal abusers never kill people. That's why the law does not attempt to draw false conclusions, or treat animal abuse on par with abusing humans. Because it's not, no matter how much pop-psych we throw at it.

As for whoever is killing these cats. Twisted ****. People like this are why I had no qualms about obeying cat bylaws and not letting my pet roam the streets at night, at risk of whackjobs with cat traps or poison.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
no one said it was a proven theory it is an indicator of a deeply disturbed mentality... psychopathology is a deeply complex issue because most psychopaths do not kill...but many killers and those that are serial killers are psychopaths

neither can one say that someone who "just hates cats" and whacks their heads off isn't a psychopath...there is in fact a great likelihood that they are in fact a psychopath

what is not proven is the escalation to the torture and killing of people, but most who do torture and kill people have an escalation pattern beginning with animals

hope that made some sense, lol

Clear as Mud Sal. ;-)LOL

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
This could be someone who just hates cats or is pi$$ed they keep using the flower-bed as a litter box. I know we have had incidents here in the last couple of years of cats going missing in the spring. Some have been found poisoned and others found miles out of town, some never found at all.

I suppose the person is just leaving the heads around town to freak out other cats... Really, if a person hates cats or considers them pests even then leaving heads all over the place in the open is very weird to say the least.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
I know there is some anecdotal evidence that links a few serial killers to animal killing but it isn't actually a proven theory, it is a possible profiling tool. .
From what I have read every serial killer started with animals, but not everyone who kills/tortures an animal becomes a serial killer.
killed and decapitated six cats before placing their heads where people could see them in the quiet town of Stouffville, north of Toronto.
That in fact is called"posing", something many serial killers do to their victims. Expect that one to get to people at some point in its life.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
From what I have read every serial killer started with animals, but not everyone who kills/tortures an animal becomes a serial killer.
Then you need to read some different material. It is fallacious at best to say every serial killer started on animals. Completely erroneous information.
That in fact is called"posing", something many serial killers do to their victims.
That is a good possibility and yes, some serial killers do 'pose' their victims but not all and not even a majority.
Expect that one to get to people at some point in its life.
Once again you base you opinion on conclusions that just aren't as definitive as you might think. Many, many cases of animal cruelty never lead to people or even other animals.

You might as well say anyone who has ever got behind the wheel after a glass of wine will automatically become a habitual drunk driver and kill people.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
6 cat heads found in York Region
October 3, 2013
The heads of six cats have been found near an intersection in Whitchurch-Stouffville over a one-month period beginning on Aug. 12, York regional police say.
6 cat heads found in York Region | CityNews
Police canvass area of Stouffville after cat heads found
October 6, 2013
Police in York Region canvassed an area of Whitchurch-Stouffville where six severed cat heads were discovered.
Police canvass area of Stouffville after cat heads found | CityNews