"I hate white people"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
NYPD: Man Brain-Dead Following Random Rampage In Union Square

NYPD's Hate Crimes unit is investigating after a man allegedly declared he would attack the first white person he came across, then punched and knocked out a 69-year-old man in Union Square Wednesday.

LaShawn Marten, 31, of Morningside Heights, is accused of attacking three people in the busy plaza Wednesday afternoon, according to the NYPD. Police said the suspect, who is black, punched the 69-year-old white man in the face, causing serious injuries. The suspect then punched a 48-year-old person and an 18-year-old person, both also white.

The 69-year-old victim was being treated for critical injuries at Bellevue Hospital, police said. He slipped into a coma after the attack, police say.

The suspect "made statements to the effect that ‘I’m going to punch the first white man that I see," Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

James Hall-Collins shot video in the aftermath of the attack. The attack appeared to be completely random, he said.

"It was random, it was for no apparent reason," said Hall-Collins. "He just walked up and hit him."

NYPD Hate Crimes Unit Investigating Union Square Attack | NBC New York

https://twitter.com/JoeyBoots/status/375335651706556416/photo/1

Police Investigating Bloody Union Square Rampage As Possible Hate Crime: Gothamist

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well to be fair, white people can be very annoying. But again, there's this part of me that hates that this is a "hate crime". Is that ironic? Anyway, what's so very wrong with just filing assault charges?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
All people are annoying. It's how we choose to react to one another that matters.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
In my experience punching people is a better choice for the giver than the receiver.

And very cool, deep, zen like moment there too! You've been meditating? ;)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is not a race issue its one of mental illness, or someone
being an ****ole nothing more and should be prosecuted as
such

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
All people are annoying. It's how we choose to react to one another that matters.
Not me, I am not annoying. Nope. Exception to the rule ya know. There are a few others that are also not annoying.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
such

Sure a good thing then that it wasn't some redneck yelling he hated blacks.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Maybe he lives off his chess winnings and this is simply a workplace violence thing. They were playing touch-move and the victim touched his pawn but didn't move it. Understandable.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
such

Ya know.... if the di ckhead had punched a black guy, or even an oriental, along with the white guys he decked, I'd be likely to side with your assessment. As that is NOT what happened, then it has everything to do with race and nothing about "mental illness" ( that being a typical libtard excuse whenever someone does stupid things). He's a fu cking racist, plain and simple. He stated he hated white people and then decked 3 white people. Don't need to look any deeper than the obvious.