Over at the CIA, 1 in 5 job seekers were found to be...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Well...:lol:

read on, courtesy of Snowden and zip:

Snowden Document Shows One In Five Individuals Applying For Jobs In U.S. Intelligence Agencies Had Ties To Al-Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah…

You have to imagine at least a few were able to obtain jobs without being detected.

WASHINGTON - The US government suspects that individuals with connections to al-Qaeda and other hostile groups have repeatedly sought to obtain jobs in the intelligence community, the Washington Post reported Monday.

According to a classified document, the intelligence agencies reinvestigate thousands of employees a year to reduce the threat that one of its own may be trying to compromise closely held secrets.

The CIA found that among a subset of job seekers whose backgrounds raised questions, roughly one out of every five had “significant terrorist and/or hostile intelligence connections,” according to the document, which was provided to the Washington Post by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden.

The groups cited most often were Hamas, Hezbollah, and al-Qaeda and its affiliates, but the nature of the connections was not described in the document.

more

Snowden Document Shows One In Five Individuals Applying For Jobs In U.S. Intelligence Agencies Had Ties To Al-Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah… | Weasel Zippers

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Accepting a resume is a security risk? That guy is an idiot.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
“Over the last several years, a small subset of CIA’s total job applicants were flagged due to various problems or issues,” one official said in response to questions. “During this period, one in five of that small subset was found to have significant connections to hostile intelligence services and or terrorist groups.”

Isn't it awesome when websites so accurately represent material?

Now where did I just read people poking fun at the notion of 'phobia'? This, this article right here, turning what the CIA said, into 1 in 5 of ALL CIA job applicants... that would be the sort of phobic twist to information that makes people shake their heads.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
No wonder the Us is going bankrupt. You can't even trust your own security so you have to have layers of security to spy on the security. Man it's got to be a bloated organization.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually in view of what the CIA needs, it doesn't appear all that strange
if they needed to infiltrate the terrorists they would need candidates who
had a knowledge of the opposition. What makes this a story then?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Man, you stiffs gotta learn to laff. I did at the very top of the OP. You clowns fill-in your own blanks and hidden words and ooooooo...scary stuff. I've lectured you a million times, if ya got a crying problem or are tense about a headline, contact the source. :lol:

Anyway, take the needles out of yer butts and chill out. I think some of you smelly hippies even smoke dope. Have at some.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
...clowns fill-in your own blanks and hidden words and ooooooo...scary stuff.

Yup, that pretty much describes the way the source twisted the CIA's words.

Fear sells. They've obviously found an eager market.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Man, you stiffs gotta learn to laff. I did at the very top of the OP. You clowns fill-in your own blanks and hidden words and ooooooo...scary stuff. I've lectured you a million times, if ya got a crying problem or are tense about a headline, contact the source. :lol:

Anyway, take the needles out of yer butts and chill out. I think some of you smelly hippies even smoke dope. Have at some.
Yes, your sources are liars, and you spread the lies, then duck responsibility by claiming you were just quoting.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yes, your sources are liars, and you spread the lies, then duck responsibility by claiming you were just quoting.

Don't hyperventilate cummy. It's unbecumming. Just read the story lad. You might learn something. :lol:

The CIA found that among a subset of job seekers whose backgrounds raised questions, roughly one out of every five had "significant terrorist and/or hostile intelligence connections," according to the document, which was provided to the Washington Post by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden.