Hasan Sentenced to Death for Fort Hood Shooting

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Me being against capital punishment has a lot to do with it.

I would not have been upset if he was gunned down in the process but I am simply not in favor of state sanctioned executions.

But I will not cry when his day comes.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would not have been upset if he was gunned down in the process but I am simply not in favor of state sanctioned executions.

But I will not cry when his day comes.

Same here. I'm all for killing people in self defence but once they are no longer a threat I dont see the point. I also don't like the idea of taking part in assisted suicide which is what this execution will be. I imagine a life sentence would have really pissed him off. When Moussoui was sentenced to life in solitary confinement he went crazy and threw a bit of a hissy fit. He wanted to be a martyr. In some ways executing a person is doing them a favour. Solitary confinement doesnt sound too pleasant, neither does military prison. Then there is the method of death. A natural death is usually a hell of a lot more painful and unpleasant than a needle. I remember a few months ago someone started a thread about RIchard Ramirez's death on death row. Some pro death penalty folks were not happy about him dying a natural death but liked the idea of making him suffer. Not all, but some. He died of cancer. That is slow and very painful as anyone who has seen a person die of cancer knows.

Who knows if that day will come. It has been 50 years since the last time the US military executed anyone and it isn't because there was no one on death row. Bush did sign a death warrant for someone on military death row shortly before he left office but for some reason it didn't go through.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Who knows if that day will come. It has been 50 years since the last time the US military executed anyone and it isn't because there was no one on death row. Bush did sign a death warrant for someone on military death row shortly before he left office but for some reason it didn't go through.

I think there is a pretty good chance that this guy will get executed.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Because Obama is the Antichrist.

I think Obama didn't want to characterize this incident of work place violence as terrorism because an act of terrorism on his watch would have embarrassed him.

You're an interesting character. You obviously love America...or at least your version of it. And I think you love your ideas too. I used to be like that.

Ridiculous isn't it.

Someday the event will be categorized properly and the injured will get the recognition they deserve.

I agree. This case shouldn't have been handled as a court martial. The better approach would have been to handle this matter administratively as a worker's compensation case.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think Obama didn't want to characterize this incident of work place violence as terrorism because an act of terrorism on his watch would have embarrassed him.

You're an interesting character. You obviously love America...or at least your version of it.
It's where I keep most of my stuff.

And I think you love your ideas too.
I would hope so. Why would one bother to hold ideas one didn't love?

I used to be like that.
What'd you run out of, love or ideas?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
May the lights be dimmed by his frying.

Wont be. The chair is off the books for military executions now.

Why all the publicity and concern over what is just a case of work place violence?

The number of victims and the nature of the work place perhaps. If someone had done this in a bank or a restaurant I imagine it would have still gotten a lot of attention.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I would hope so. Why would one bother to hold ideas one didn't love?
Because one can recognize the existence of a higher level of consciousness without being able to attain it.

What'd you run out of, love or ideas?

I ran out of love for anyone or anything that is not kith or kin.

Wont be. The chair is off the books for military executions now.

The number of victims and the nature of the work place perhaps. If someone had done this in a bank or a restaurant I imagine it would have still gotten a lot of attention.

Whether the deaths at Fort Hood resulted from work place violence or terrorism is now irrelevant. The president has declared that the war on terror is over.

After the last twelve years I couldn't possibly care less about the USA. It's dead to me.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I ran out of love for anyone or anything that is not kith or kin.
Sorry to hear that.

After the last twelve years I couldn't possibly care less about the USA. It's dead to me.
Oh, the dwama!

Because one can recognize the existence of a higher level of consciousness without being able to attain it.

I calculate there's a whole bunch of higher levels of consciousness you ain't attained.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I think it's appalling that Obama didn't declare this a case of terrorism if only because the victums aren't eligible for the benefits they would have otherwise received had it been declared correctly. Obama is a Prick in plain English! (i.e. no **%$**!.