Great Health Care........................................not

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I don't know procedures and all but after reading up on this old story...

1) why didn't the first doctor that saw him at the inner-city clinic give him any treatment

2) why didn't that same doctor give him a note to take to emerg (as this native guy had a speech problem and had been known to take shelter there like other homeless folk)

Sinclair was suffering from neurogenic bladder - a condition where he can’t pass urine - along with other health problems. A family doctor from an inner-city community clinic sent Sinclair to HSC on Friday afternoon by taxi after noticing the man’s catheter was blocked and he had a bladder infection.

It's no excuse for the hospital to assume he was just sleeping one off or staying warm or whatever either, regardless of how much of a regular face he was.

Winnipeg hospital waiting room death blamed on bladder infection

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
How much attention do you think someone quietly sitting in a waiting room is going to get when someone moaning and wailing gets ignored? The clinic should have sent him by ambulance, then he would have gone straight into the actual ER not into the waiting room.

I don't have a lot of faith and trust in the way hospitals conduct their business anymore. Despite the fact that the tumour found in my mother's abdomen was "the size of a football" it was missed the previous week entirely when she was admitted for three days while they investigated her medical issue. To add isult to injury, they also sent her home (from that previous hospital stay) on a Saturday afternoon (a nearly bed ridden disabled woman I'm talking about) without checking if at home care was arranged nor did they inform family that she was being released, I found out when she called me from her home. They are so concerned with emptying beds now a days I sometimes think that ends up taking priorty over proper treatment, I really do.