Keeping your pot plants safe: you just can't fix stupid

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Woman calls cops for advice on keeping pot plants secure

LINDSAY, Ont. — There’s going to be the odd time when police can’t help you -- like, say, when you call them to ask how to protect the $6,000 in marijuana plants you’ve got growing in your house.

Police said a woman called Wednesday seeking tips on how to prevent someone from breaking into her home and stealing her pot plants.
“She didn’t want to get violently robbed,” Sgt. Terry Cox said.
It was an odd request, Cox said, and the officer on the other end of the line reminded the woman that she was talking to a police officer on a recorded line.
“The officer she spoke to actually cautioned her,” Cox said.
Nevertheless, the woman proceeded with her inquiry. The officer jotted down the information, and the drug enforcement unit paid a visit to her home Friday morning.
Dolly Russell, 46, was charged with production of marijuana and possession of marijuana. She is to appear in court Sept. 19.
The plants were seized by police

Woman calls cops for advice on keeping pot plants | Welland Tribune

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
See I don't like this. It's just too damned easy...the police should have to work a little before they apprehend someone. Otherwise they're just going to get lazy.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
This reminds me of a case I'd seen on TV a few years ago (reenactment, but still). the police call a man into the police station asking him to identify a drug dealer in a grainy video they have. What does the guy say: 'Hey, that's me.'

You know, when they're that ignorant, you have to wonder. Should we feel sorry for them? Do they realise they're breaking the law? Do they have any clue of the consequences of their actions, including confessing to a crime to a police officer?

And if they're really that clueless, are they really going to find it hard in prison? I mean, if they're that simple, are they really going to be bothered by the fact that they're imprisoned as long as they have food, clothing and shelter? Assuming they are happy there and never even try to leave prison until asked to, would they realize they're actually imprisoned?

Seriously. I'm curious to know what actually leads to this kind of thing.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This reminds me of a case I'd seen on TV a few years ago (reenactment, but still). the police call a man into the police station asking him to identify a drug dealer in a grainy video they have. What does the guy say: 'Hey, that's me.'

You know, when they're that ignorant, you have to wonder. Should we feel sorry for them? Do they realise they're breaking the law? Do they have any clue of the consequences of their actions, including confessing to a crime to a police officer?

And if they're really that clueless, are they really going to find it hard in prison? I mean, if they're that simple, are they really going to be bothered by the fact that they're imprisoned as long as they have food, clothing and shelter? Assuming they are happy there and never even try to leave prison until asked to, would they realize they're actually imprisoned?

Seriously. I'm curious to know what actually leads to this kind of thing.
it is mind blowing... the cop almost told her: "stop" but oh no, she was on a mission of protection...I wonder how much if any time she will do anyway, spirit of the law and all that.

Check out this link it will inflame some to the point of apoplexy... this guy has it happening.

‘Radically different’ court strives to treat the addiction behind the crime