Discrimination Lawsuit That Destroyed Paula Deen’s Career Thrown Out Completely

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
SAVANNAH, Ga. (TheBlazeAP) –The discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuit that destroyed the career of celebrity cook Paula Deen has been dismissed completely.

Lawyers signed a deal Friday to drop the lawsuit against Deen, who was dropped by the Food Network and other business partners after she said under oath that she had used racial slurs in the past.

A document filed in U.S. District Court in Savannah said both sides agreed to drop the lawsuit “without any award of costs or fees to any party.”

“On Friday afternoon, Judge William T. Moore of the US District Court for the Southern District of Georgia signed an order of dismissal in Jackson v. Deen [pdf], the discrimination lawsuit first filed in May 2012 that brought down one of the biggest celebrity chef empires in the country,” the Huffington Post reports.

Further, the case was dismissed with “with prejudice,” meaning the the same lawsuit can’t be filed again in court.

Former employee Lisa Jackson last year sued Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers, saying she suffered from sexual harassment and racially offensive talk and employment practices that were unfair to black workers during her five years as a manager of Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House.

The dismissal deal came less than two weeks after Judge William T. Moore dismissed the race discrimination claims, ruling Jackson, who is white, had no standing to sue over what she said was poor treatment of black workers. He let Jackson’s claims of sexual harassment stand, but those were dropped in the deal between the lawyers.

“While this has been a difficult time for both my family and myself, I am pleased that the judge dismissed the race claims and I am looking forward to getting this behind me, now that the remaining claims have been resolved,” Deen said in a statement Friday.

more

Discrimination Lawsuit That Destroyed Paula Deen’s Career Thrown Out Completely | TheBlaze.com