Obama: NSA ‘Inadvertently, Accidentally’ Pulled Emails of Americans

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
AUBURN, N.Y. — President Barack Obama is acknowledging he must “do a better job” of giving Americans confidence in the programs the National Security Agency has deployed to guard against terrorism.

Obama says the administration should “continue to improve the safeguards” of these initiatives.

His remarks on CNN’s “New Day” show Friday came in the wake of new revelations that the electronic spying program scooped up as many as 56,000 emails and other communications annually over three years by Americans not connected to terrorism.

The president conceded the NSA had “inadvertently, accidentally, pulled the emails” of some Americans.

But he also said the programs are necessary, “these aren’t unique to the NSA” and the United States has to adapt “in the right way” to the confluence of terrorist threats and rapidly advancing technology.

Obama: NSA ‘Inadvertently, Accidentally’ Pulled Emails of Americans « CBS DC

Austin Powers 2 - Dr.Evil right.wmv - YouTube

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
And your health premiums won't go up, and I won't rest till everyone has a job, and we'll punish the guilty in Benghazi, and the stimulus will create jobs, and......

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
For they past 35+ years they've accidental monitored civilian communications?

It's not just an American thing.

Did you know all mail in Canada is scanned and read along with P codes noted from send to receiver? Do we blame Harper or our own stupidity for letting it happen?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And your health premiums won't go up, and I won't rest till everyone has a job, and we'll punish the guilty in Benghazi, and the stimulus will create jobs, and......

And if you like the health care plan you have now... you can keep it.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Are the Neocons were warned about this slippery slope. You fought hard to have it so quit your bitch'n.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are the Neocons were warned about this slippery slope. You fought hard to have it so quit your bitch'n.

According to the powers that be, al Qaeda still hasn't figured out they are being monitor and do conference calls about terrorist plots.

Man my sides were aching from laughing last week when they upped the boogieman threat level.

Do people really still believe that crap?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Come on guys, where is all that "Patriot Act" patriotism? The "ooh oohs" at neocon conventions meant nothing?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It was a different tune on here 7-8 years ago when "if you don't like it you can leave country or I have nothing to hide or you're with the terrorists" wasn't it?

Anyone who disagreed and said "this isn't about terrorists it about taking your rights" was labelled a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.

Who was right?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It was a different tune on here 7-8 years ago when "if you don't like it you can leave country or I have nothing to hide or you're with the terrorists" wasn't it?

Anyone who disagreed and said "this isn't about terrorists it about taking your rights" was labelled a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.

Who was right?
Exactly.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This Syria crap is no different. it's fake as a three dollar bill.

What day were these alleged attacks? The 21st?