Global Warming Makes Isle of Rum's Red Deer Randy Earlier

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Horny little devils. Too bad they can't read. Walter would set them straight about the hoax of climate change.

the little devils are now shoot on sight.
BBC News - Sanquhar muntjac deer 'shoot on sight' appeal issued

Bring back the lynx....

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm getting fed up of these silly global warming stories. Just the other day I read that global warming is increasing the rates of violence in the world.

What's it gonna be next? Global warming is responsible for Bolton Wanderers' bad start to the new football season?

Silly global warming stories like this is something to expect from the BBC, though.

the little devils are now shoot on sight.

Muntjac deer are found in the wild only in Sri Lanka, Southern China, Taiwan, Japan (Boso Peninsula and Ōshima Island), India, Indonesian islands....... and Britain.

The reason they are in Britain in the wild is because they are descended from escapees from Woburn Safari Park around 1925.

Muntjacs have expanded very rapidly, and are now present in most English counties south of the M62 motorway - which runs from west to east through northern England - and have also expanded their range into Wales. The British Deer Society coordinated a survey of wild deer in the UK between 2005 and 2007, and they reported that muntjac deer had noticeably expanded their range since the previous census in 2000. It is anticipated that muntjacs may soon become the most numerous species of deer in England and may have also crossed the border into Scotland with a couple of specimens appearing in Northern Ireland in 2009.

In 1963 there were just 2,000 or so muntjac deer in Britain. Now there are over 2 million of them.

A British muntjac

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muntjac

There are lots of muntjac living just outside my hometown of Bolton.

Last edited:

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I'm getting fed up of these silly global warming stories. Just the other day I read that global warming is increasing the rates of violence in the world.

What's it gonna be next? Global warming is responsible for Bolton Wanderers' bad start to the new football season?

Silly global warming stories like this is something to expect from the BBC, though.

Muntjac deer are found in the wild only in Sri Lanka, Southern China, Taiwan, Japan (Boso Peninsula and Ōshima Island), India, Indonesian islands....... and Britain.

The reason they are in Britain in the wild is because they are descended from escapees from Woburn Safari Park around 1925.

Muntjacs have expanded very rapidly, and are now present in most English counties south of the M62 motorway - which runs from west to east through northern England - and have also expanded their range into Wales. The British Deer Society coordinated a survey of wild deer in the UK between 2005 and 2007, and they reported that muntjac deer had noticeably expanded their range since the previous census in 2000. It is anticipated that muntjacs may soon become the most numerous species of deer in England and may have also crossed the border into Scotland with a couple of specimens appearing in Northern Ireland in 2009.

In 1963 there were just 2,000 or so muntjac deer in Britain. Now there are over 2 million of them.

A British muntjac

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muntjac

There are lots of muntjac living just outside my hometown of Bolton.

A true Eurasian Lynx buffet table... the Lynx at 60-100 lb. , should be able to control the little pests..

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A true Eurasian Lynx buffet table... the Lynx at 60-100 lb. , should be able to control the little pests..

There'd be a lot of people, though, who won't like the sight of a cute little deer being ripped to shreds by a large cat in the tranquil British countryside.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There'd be a lot of people, though, who won't like the sight of a cute little deer being ripped to shreds by a large cat in the tranquil British countryside.
Oh! British sensibilities. They would rather take their aggressions out on brown skin people in far away lands where they can bomb them to pieces out of eye sight of British sensibilities.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Oh! British sensibilities. They would rather take their aggressions out on brown skin people in far away lands where they can bomb them to pieces out of eye sight of British sensibilities.

I don't think it matters what colour of skin they have. Why are you just singling out brown people?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Another interesting thing about the Muntjak deer. They apparently have tusks which are overgrown canine teeth. The males use them for mating/rutting battles.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Another interesting thing about the Muntjak deer. They apparently have tusks which are overgrown canine teeth. The males use them for mating/rutting battles.

Cool skull........would like to have one of those in my collection.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Try Prozac for Bambi lovers...Your island has some WEIRD types, BL. Lynx as apex predators are a missing part of Merrie OL' England..

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Here is a surprising picture of one of the Muntjac deer: The tusks at least look dangerous

Actually, we are singling out Brown and tan Deer, Alf.....:lol:\

Britain needs Apex predators. The Eurasian lynx restores the balance.

The Canada Lynx would do quite nicely as well: