Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
This is slightly unusual:

Hoghton couple killed on same day 'devoted to family'

13th August 2013
BBC News

A murder investigation into Mrs Maude's death is ongoing

Relatives of a couple who died on the same day have said they were "devoted to family".

Judith Maude's body was found at a house in Charles Crescent, Hoghton, near Preston, Lancashire, on Sunday evening. Her husband Nigel was struck and killed by a train in Hoghton in the morning.

Mrs Maude died from multiple injuries and a murder investigation into her death is ongoing.

Their family said the couple would be "sadly missed".

Lancashire Police said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with Mrs Maude's death.

A post-mortem examination found the cause of her death to be multiple injuries, including stab wounds.

Mr Maude's death is not being treated as suspicious.

BBC News - Hoghton couple killed on same day 'devoted to family'

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is slightly unusual:

Hoghton couple killed on same day 'devoted to family'

13th August 2013
BBC News

A murder investigation into Mrs Maude's death is ongoing

Relatives of a couple who died on the same day have said they were "devoted to family".

Judith Maude's body was found at a house in Charles Crescent, Hoghton, near Preston, Lancashire, on Sunday evening. Her husband Nigel was struck and killed by a train in Hoghton in the morning.

Mrs Maude died from multiple injuries and a murder investigation into her death is ongoing.

Their family said the couple would be "sadly missed".

Lancashire Police said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with Mrs Maude's death.

A post-mortem examination found the cause of her death to be multiple injuries, including stab wounds.

Mr Maude's death is not being treated as suspicious.

BBC News - Hoghton couple killed on same day 'devoted to family'

It's call a coincidence, happens all the time!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
um, it doesn't say he didn't commit suicide

Maybe he stabbed her to death the night before and jumped in front of a train the next morning and then they found her body later that night. In fact, the details are few and sketchy. Just sayin' multiple possibilities here.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe he stabbed her to death the night before and jumped in front of a train the next morning and then they found her body later that night. In fact, the details are few and sketchy. Just sayin' multiple possibilities here.

That was my thought too.

If he didnt kill her or commit suicide this would be a pretty odd coincidence. I guess on the bright side neither will have to grieve.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It could well be a tragic and bizarre coincidence. I suppose we just have to wait for the full facts.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
um, it doesn't say he didn't commit suicide

I was thinking the same thing. The fact that they are looking for no additional suspects in her death is pretty telling. Murder-suicide.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I was thinking the same thing. The fact that they are looking for no additional suspects in her death is pretty telling. Murder-suicide.

Definitely, if I were a gambling woman, that's where I'd place my bet.

Besides there are two things I don't believe in; coincidence and leprechauns.

And I'm not 100% sure about the leprechauns. ;)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
What's the matter Sal? Are you doubting the good folk of Mobile Alabama and what they done seen wit dere own too eyes??? Lol.
it was terrifying like the lap dance pants...terrifying

~8O~