Who let her drive?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Dontcha have to be 16 anyway? Whatever...dad is gonna be pissed.

No injuries were reported this morning when a car driven by a 15 year old Utica girl crashed into at least five other vehicles in the Sangertown Square parking lot.According to New Hartford police, the girl was driving too fast when she lost control of her vehicle and crashed into a car that was driving through the parking lot. She then bounced off the first vehicle before hitting a parked pick-up truck. The pick-up was lifted about four feet into the air.

The force of the crash pushed the pick-up into three other parked vehicles before coming to a stop.
The 15 year old driver had a 14 year old passenger and both reportedly ran from the scene and into the mall. Police say they then got on to a Centro bus and tried to leave the mall when they were caught by Sangertown Mall security officers.
Three of the six vehicles were damaged enough that they had to be towed from the mall.

New Hartford Police say that because of the ages of the two girls, any charges filed will come after an investigation and will be handled by police juvenile aid officers.

Accident At Sangertown Mall Damages 6 Vehicles

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I remember years ago when I was seventeen my father bought a brand new car.
It was December 21st and I got to use it that night. I rolled it over at the bottom
of the hill and went through a cherry orchard he had planted two years before.
I was really scared but faced the music. All he said was anybody hurt NO
his answer, we can always replace things we cannot replace people.

I hope there were circumstances that warranted driving under age, Forty years
from now she will still be teased about it. Not funny right now but a life experience
for later.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That's a lot of damage. I would not be surprised if the girls experience some problems due to impact. Because of fear adrenaline they were able to run but that was stupid piled upon stupid.

I remember years ago when I was seventeen my father bought a brand new car.
It was December 21st and I got to use it that night. I rolled it over at the bottom
of the hill and went through a cherry orchard he had planted two years before.
I was really scared but faced the music. All he said was anybody hurt NO
his answer, we can always replace things we cannot replace people.

I hope there were circumstances that warranted driving under age, Forty years
from now she will still be teased about it. Not funny right now but a life experience
for later.
yes but this wasn't a cherry orchard... the damage here will amount to over 100,000 (would be my guess)...and yes cool memories for the future if they don't have permanent physical damage show up soon.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's a lot of damage. I would not be surprised if the girls experience some problems due to impact. Because of fear adrenaline they were able to run but that was stupid piled upon stupid.

yes but this wasn't a cherry orchard... the damage here will amount to over 100,000 (would be my guess)...and yes cool memories for the future if they don't have permanent physical damage show up soon.

Yeah, I could see the old man being in high dudgeon!