Humongous Fungus

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
My Mum used to fry up a pan full of onions. That and homemade bread, mmmm good.
Me onions and mushrooms by the platter.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
it kind of reminds me of cauliflower and broccoli.

I want to see bigger mushrooms!

;)

My Mum used to fry up a pan full of onions. That and homemade bread, mmmm good.
Me onions and mushrooms by the platter.
mushroom crepe, mushroom chowder, mushroom soup, etc.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't think it matters whether the fungus is safe to eat or not. Those Chinese will still eat it anyway. They'll eat anything, those Chinese, no matter how disgusting.

On a 2010 episode of "An Idiot Abroad" my hero Karl Pilkington was in China to visit the Great Wall. He saw the Chinese driver of his bus with a hardboiled egg. Or, at least, Karl thought it was a hardboiled egg until the driver pealed the upper half of the shell off to reveal a chicken's foetus inside, which the driver went on to consume with relish.

Later on, whilst at the wall, Karl said that it wouldn't surprise him if he ends up witnessing his driver eating a squid with a tumour.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I don't even wanna think about their cows!

lol

looks like a hot-spot proximity mutation ..somewhere between the world's only 2 (and counting) nuclear melt-downs? .. giant honey mushroom ... anyone checked it for radiation?

could be a big laughing jim?

I think there's a honey mushroom plant that is the largest organism on earth, they can cover several states - underground - so even if one end of it is exposed to abnormal levels of radiation, it can pop out mutation at the other, even hundreds of miles away < that'd be my guess, yep, honey mushroom.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't think American food makes their mouths water, either.

There's a reason why Americans are the most obese people on the planet.
Actually, there are a number of reasons. Doesn't change the fact that kidneys and eels feature prominently in English "food."

And the British are what? second or third most obese? Heh-heh.

The universal western country excuse. . . The Americans are worse!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Actually, there are a number of reasons. Doesn't change the fact that kidneys and eels feature prominently in English "food."

And the British are what? second or third most obese? Heh-heh.

The universal western country excuse. . . The Americans are worse!

Don't tried to fool me into thinking American food is some sort of exquisite cuisine. It isn't. You're the nation that gave the world fast food, and hambugers with processed cheese on them.

Americans poking fun at British food would be like the French calling someone else cowards. It's hypocrisy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Don't tried to fool me into thinking American food is some sort of exquisite cuisine. It isn't. You're the nation that gave the world fast food, and hambugers with processed cheese on them.

Americans poking fun at British food would be like the French calling someone else cowards. It's hypocrisy.
Nation of immigrants, remember? Chinese food, Japanese food, Italian food, German food, Turkish food, native food, and so much, much more. It's ALL "American food."

Well, all except the English stuff. We wouldn't touch that sewage with a ten-foot fork.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nation of immigrants, remember? Chinese food, Japanese food, Italian food, German food, Turkish food, native food, and so much, much more. It's ALL "American food."

Well, all except the English stuff. We wouldn't touch that sewage with a ten-foot fork.

The reason why you eat so much foreign food is because your own food is too disgusting.

Big Macs? Disgusting. Hardly what I call cuisine.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The reason why you eat so much foreign food is because your own food is too disgusting.

Big Macs? Disgusting. Hardly what I call cuisine.
Eels? Kidney pie?

Face it, you'd call beer-battered dog vomit cuisine. It's better that most English food.

Yeah, McDonalds is rubbish. But only you (well, you and a few others) are agenda-driven and dishonest enough to pretend that it's representative of American food.

Hmm. . . I may have to take that back. Perhaps it's just ignorance.