Ohio Bank Repossess Wrong House; Owner Wants $18K

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Ohio Bank Repossess Wrong House; Owner Wants $18K

How many laws were broken. Ignorance is not an excuse.
Break & Enter
Theft.
Damage to private property
Personal mementos lost
Shame and embarrassment at being publicly shamed for not paying your bills. Get a lawyer. Just follow an ambulance. Stop and chat with the persons following.

Ohio Bank Repossess Wrong House; Owner Wants $18K | TIME.com

(MCARTHUR, Ohio) — An Ohio bank says a bad GPS navigator is the reason it repossessed the wrong house — and threw out all the possessions inside.

Homeowner Katie Barnett says her McArthur home was wrongly repossessed while she was away with her family last month. When they returned to the house, the locks had been changed and many of their belongings were missing.

Barnett wants the First National Bank of Wellston to give her $18,000 for the lost items. She says the bank wants her to show receipts for everything that’s missing.

First National CEO Anthony Thorne says the bank wants to compensate the family “fairly and equitably” but the items Barnett is claiming doesn’t match up with what the bank’s employees removed.

The bank says the house it meant to clean out was on the same street.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Barnett wants the First National Bank of Wellston to give her $18,000 for the lost items. She says the bank wants her to show receipts for everything that’s missing.

First National CEO Anthony Thorne says the bank wants to compensate the family “fairly and equitably” but the items Barnett is claiming doesn’t match up with what the bank’s employees removed.

They are seriously going to nickle and dime her after making that mistake?? CEO Anthony Thorne has some brass cojones.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'd say the bank should pay and STFU..... how much is the embarrassment of being publically shamed to the family worth to an american jury? 100k?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'd say the bank should pay and STFU..... how much is the embarrassment of being publically shamed to the family worth to an american jury? 100k?

Lol, exactly!!! Especially because it's a bank. Can you smell punitive damages? I think I can.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Can you imagine the incompetence of the bank? They rely on GPS and not their
own paperwork. Here is a bank that has a customer relations problem of a ten
on the richter scale.. They want to compensate her, they are kidding are they not?
I would think they would off a hell of alot more than 18k
This bank could care less about customers or their public image I am surprised
they have any customers left.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:roll:The bank says the house they were supposed to clean out was on the same street.

Well...................shyte.

Do'em all.

Yer bound to hit the right one sooner or later.

If she gets the right shyster she should retire to somewhere warm and nice for the rest of her life, and the shyster's also.

giver lady. Go for millions.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
From the dollar value I would say they did not have a lot, probably hard working, honest folk. And the Bank has the audacity to ff them around.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Douchebags First National Bank of Wellston repossessed wrong house now won't pay - YouTube

Please call this fukking Bank and tell them to give this woman the fukking $18,000 dollars.

Wellston Office (Phone) 740-384-2146
Toll Free: 877-684-2146
Jackson Office (Phone) 740-286-6773

Also Email them FTPSLS@cmcone.com

Info is also in the description box

First National Bank of Wellston
First National Bank

Vinton County Woman Wants Possessions Back After Bank Tried To Repossess Wrong House
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2...

Bank mistakenly starts repossessing Ohio woman's home
http://news.yahoo.com/bank-mistakenly...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Since the bank just showed exactly HOW out of touch with reality they truly are, she should sue them for a lot more than $18K. If she's successful (and she should be), then they will think back on how it only could have cost them eighteen thousand dollars.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It gets better than that. . .

Bank of America Gets Pad Locked After Homeowner Forecloses On It

Collier County, Florida -- Have you heard the one about a homeowner foreclosing on a bank?

Well, it has happened in Florida and involves a North Carolina based bank.

Instead of Bank of America foreclosing on some Florida homeowner, the homeowners had sheriff's deputies foreclose on the bank.
It started five months ago when Bank of America filed foreclosure papers on the home of a couple, who didn't owe a dime on their home.

The couple said they paid cash for the house.

The case went to court and the homeowners were able to prove they didn't owe Bank of America anything on the house. In fact, it was proven that the couple never even had a mortgage bill to pay.

A Collier County Judge agreed and after the hearing, Bank of America was ordered, by the court to pay the legal fees of the homeowners', Maurenn Nyergers and her husband.

The Judge said the bank wrongfully tried to foreclose on the Nyergers' house.

So, how did it end with bank being foreclosed on? After more than 5 months of the judge's ruling, the bank still hadn't paid the legal fees, and the homeowner's attorney did exactly what the bank tried to do to the homeowners. He seized the bank's assets.
"They've ignored our calls, ignored our letters, legally this is the next step to get my clients compensated, " attorney Todd Allen told CBS.

Sheriff's deputies, movers, and the Nyergers' attorney went to the bank and foreclosed on it. The attorney gave instructions to to remove desks, computers, copiers, filing cabinets and any cash in the teller's drawers.

After about an hour of being locked out of the bank, the bank manager handed the attorney a check for the legal fees.
"As a foreclosure defense attorney this is sweet justice" says Allen.

Allen says this is something that he sees often in court, banks making errors because they didn't investigate the foreclosure and it becomes a lengthy and expensive battle for the homeowner.

Bank of America Gets Pad Locked After Homeowner Forecloses On It | digtriad.com

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It gets better than that. . .

Bank of America Gets Pad Locked After Homeowner Forecloses On It

Bank of America Gets Pad Locked After Homeowner Forecloses On It | digtriad.com

Nice... a feel good story.. and so biblical.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Biblical? Only if the bible has a verse "Thou shalt not get between a lawyer and his fees."

Remember, this was about attorney's fees, not an award to the couple.

Safer to stand between a mama grizzly and her cub than between a lawyer and a dollar.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Since the bank disposed of her belongings how is she supposed to give them receipts? I don't know about other people but I keep my receipts in my house. Frankly I would sue them for a whole lot more than she is asking. They should give her what she wants and consider themselves damned lucky she didn't go for millions!