Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
8O
8O

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
nope, but it was freaking slamming down out there... closed parts of the 401 too... it was bouncing like a foot off of the road, it just came and went so fast

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
nope, but it was freaking slamming down out there... closed parts of the 401 too... it was bouncing like a foot off of the road, it just came and went so fast

We usually get slammed like that too, just not as much rainfall. Apparently some similar flooding in Detroit too I was hearing earlier.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
it was freaking weird... we never get anything here... my friends car made Twitter...lol

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yeah no kidding, hope she gets her car dried out, her kid was driving it...lol, somehow that kinda impacts the feeling, if ya know what I mean...lmao

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The truck on the left doesn't seem to be hurting......
It happens like that in a low spot when the sheer sudden volume of rain is such that the storm sewers can't handle it all, When it stops raining, a couple of hours and it's all gone.....

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
If ever "Mom it's not my fault" rang true.......
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, for sure!

The truck on the left doesn't seem to be hurting......
It happens like that in a low spot when the sheer sudden volume of rain is such that the storm sewers can't handle it all, When it stops raining, a couple of hours and it's all gone.....
true...shows what the parking lot is like...dips and valleys and hills and slops that we normally wouldn't notice. I wouldn't have been real keen about making my way to the car though

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
On my way to Tottenham with my fifth wheel a couple of years ago, going through Barrie, The rain was so bad, that I couldn't see, so I stopped right on the 400 and saw that a tractor trailer stopped right behind me (so I was safe from being rear ended which was my worry when I stopped) Heard later on the news that parts of Barrie were flooded bad....
When I got going 20 min. later, I figured that the ground in the park I was going to "Tottenham Conservation area" would be too wet for me to park in until the next day.......Imagine my surprise when I got there, just 30-40 miles away.....the ground was bone dry, not a drop of rain.......

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
On my way to Tottenham with my fifth wheel a couple of years ago, going through Barrie, The rain was so bad, that I couldn't see, so I stopped right on the 400 and saw that a tractor trailer stopped right behind me (so I was safe from being rear ended which was my worry when I stopped) Heard later on the news that parts of Barrie were flooded bad....
When I got going 20 min. later, I figured that the ground in the park I was going to "Tottenham Conservation area" would be too wet for me to park in until the next day.......Imagine my surprise when I got there, just 30-40 miles away.....the ground was bone dry, not a drop of rain.......
yeah isn't that freaky? or it's sunny and ya turn a corner and there are puddles

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
That is so brutal! I couldn't believe this when you told me about it earlier, Sal! Might as well change the name from Fairview Park to Fairview Pool. lol

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That is so brutal! I couldn't believe this when you told me about it earlier, Sal! Might as well change the name from Fairview Park to Fairview Pool. lol
did you see her car in the other picture?

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
did you see her car in the other picture?

As I think of it, I had mistaken the car for another one that was also at Fairview. I had seen the other picture on the CBC K-W FB page. Whoops! My mistake.

BTW, just got home from the game. Northmen lost 12-8 to Burlington tonight and I was having issues getting the Internet to work to go on Pointstreak. I had to do a system restore and upload the whole gamesheet at home. Oh well, I got the game up online. It was a brutal game. At least my brother won tonight with the squad that he is coaching. And the K-W Braves won over Brampton...but I can't cheer for them. Never! :p

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A prairie style storm. Just add hail and 100km/h winds and it's par.

Nothing beats negative ion charged rainwater to make things grow though. Those big drops are charged up but good and the ozone
by-product is refreshing and cleansing.

If you're stuck without rubber boots, those pleasant thoughts go by the wayside.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Nothing beats negative ion charged rainwater to make things grow though. Those big drops are charged up but good and the ozone

If you're stuck without rubber boots, those pleasant thoughts go by the wayside.
thanks, didn't know any of that!!!

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Climate change is turning the much maligned Ontario Clay belt into Canada's new breadbasket. Provided you don't mind occasionally combining your wet season barley and oats with Florida Everglades air boats.

Actually, if the US West keeps drying out, youmay be the new 'cattle frontier'..

Now if only Ontario 'Drovers'" could learn a little 'style'..

Attachments

• cowboy2.jpg
    cowboy2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1
  • cowboys3.jpg
    cowboys3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1
  • cowboys.jpg
    cowboys.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Nothing, Petros, says 'ugly' faster than an Ontario claybelt stockman trying to ward off Blackflies..