‘Hell to pay:’

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Opie/Article said:
“I find that absolutely incredible that they have the right to go into a person’s belongings out of their home,” said resident Brenda Lackey, after learning Mounties have been taking residents’ guns. “When people find out about this there’s going to be untold hell to pay.”
If there is no registry, how did they find the guns?

Hell toupee.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Read the article, the RCMP have even gone so far as to force doors. They have been going door to door, house to house. Why do you think that they still are not allowing residents into their homes? By the time the local government lets these people back into their homes the houses will be garbage and unfit for habitation.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
'Proof of ownership'.... it's this molded wad of paper here in the filing cabinet nitwits.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Hell toupee.

And without a registry, and your paperwork all waterlogged, how do you prove ownership other than 'you kicked my door in and took them!'

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And so it begins. They're coming to take them away, haha! Conspiracy theorists are right again.

Big Brother is only looking after your safety. Not.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It says numerous not all houses. I still figger they were targeting.

How will the Spastics put this subterfuge into the centrifuge.

This is one that is going open a can of worms.
“We have seized a large quantity of firearms simply because they were left by
residents in their places,” said Topham.

The guns will be returned to owners after residents are allowed back in town
and they provide proof of ownership, Topham added.
I have rifles and shot guns that were my grandfather's or my father's and were given to me.

My Winchester 1894 was bought in 1912 and given to me fresh off the gun rack in the back window of Gido's pick me up truck when I was 11.

Should I have gotten a receipt?

How far back do Eaton's mail order records go?

What will they say when they find out I never registered it back in draconian Liberal day?

When rummaging through people's homes did they use metal detectors to find the stashed weapons?

Will they find mine in the sump hole, secret side cut under the basement floor or the furnace pipe to no where?

Where am I going to find airline poly ski bags (perfect for keeping weapons dry along with some desiccants) at the end of June in Saskatchewan?

(Memo to self: add airline poly ski bags and more desiccants to the bug out bag)

Last edited:

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
And so it begins. They're coming to take them away, haha! Conspiracy theorists are right again.

Big Brother is only looking after your safety. Not.

Not all conspiracy theorists are right, but this was a conspiracy that was well advertised going back to PET. It was his agenda to ensure that you could only own a firearm if you could prove the need to. Defense of self wasn't on the list. The bill died because PET didn't have enough useful idiots. Chretien picked up the ball and his trained seal, Alan Rock ran with it, paying useful idiots, with our tax dollars to lobby our government to pass it into law. This is not only a Canadian thing, but a UK thing, Aussie thing, NZ thing, and a US thing, believe it or not. Big Brother looks after his own safety first, that is why the police are given the power they have. We are long past the time where they served at the pleasure of the people, we are now their underlings.

Only a complete moron could believe that restricting arms from law abiding citizens will restrict criminals from posessing and using them.

Conservative government in power Provincially, conservative government in power federally...... and you all whined about the liberal long gun registery...... they never did anything like this.

The government didn't do this, the police did. They were given the power to do so. As well, I believe the govenment in Alberta is still Progerssive Conservative. Progressive being the operative term. Beware the "Progressives" of any stripe. Progressive sounds good, but think of as when your doctor tells you of something you have that is progressive, it is the same as when you have it in government or society, it is anything but good.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Conservative government in power Provincially, conservative government in power federally...... and you all whined about the liberal long gun registery...... they never did anything like this.

‘Hell to pay:’ Residents angry as RCMP sieze guns from High River homes

Maybe a "tempest in a teapot". Personally I'm glad the R.C.M.P. have the guns (temporarily), than them getting into the wrong hands (permanently). I'm guessing the cops are making a list and the guns will be returned to the rightful owners. Do you want people entering their houses before they are deemed safe?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
A disturbing piece from Alberta - RCMP seize guns from High River homes

‘Hell to pay:’ Residents angry as RCMP seize guns from High River homes (with video)

‘It’s just like Nazi Germany,’ says resident
By Trevor Howell, Calgary Herald

RCMP revealed Thursday that officers have seized a “substantial amount” of firearms from homes in the evacuated town of High River. “We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” said Sgt. Brian Topham. That news didn’t sit well with a crowd of frustrated residents who had planned to breach a police checkpoint northwest of the town as an evacuation order stretched into its eighth day.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Hell+Residents+angry+RCMP+seize+guns+from+High+River+homes+with+video/8588851/story.html#ixzz2XVwylrVP

There are a number of serious and disturbing legal issues as a result of the RCMP's actions.

1. If the town was secured by the RCMP, why was there a need to seize firearms?

2. The RCMP did not report any illegally stored firearms, so one has to assume that residents had them properly secured. Not only were the homes broken into by the police, but locked cabinets were forced open. Why?

3. Will there be any issues with their return? Has anything other than firearms been seized?

4. Legal analysts are suggesting there are serious issues with police performing a house-to-house search for firearms without the consent of property owners or a warrant.

5. Will any of the residents escalate this? In other words, will a complaint be raised and charges laid against the Mounties?
---

This story has the potential to be another embarrassment for the RCMP.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Re: A disturbing piece from Alberta - RCMP seize guns from High River homes

...This story has the potential to be another embarrassment for the RCMP....
Believe it-old Dudley Do Right ain't learned nuthin' of late.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
My apologies. I did not see this thread, and started one of my own.

There are a number of serious and disturbing legal issues as a result of the RCMP's actions.

2. The RCMP did not report any illegally stored firearms, so one has to assume that residents had them properly secured. Not only were the homes broken into by the police, but locked cabinets were forced open. Why?

3. Will there be any issues with their return? Has anything other than firearms been seized?

4. Legal analysts are suggesting there are serious issues with police performing a house-to-house search for firearms without the consent of property owners or a warrant.

5. Will any of the residents escalate this? In other words, will a complaint be raised and charges laid against the Mounties?
---

‘Hell to pay:’ Residents angry as RCMP seize guns from High River homes (with video)

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

They we say we’ve got to leave but there’s no way to go
This ain’t the first time we’ve weathered out a storm
And I ain’t got nothing but at least I know it’s mine
And I’ll be god damned if I’m leaving here before the day I die

(Chorus)
So let the rain sting my neck
Let the mighty Mississippi take this god-forsaken town
Let the storm and all the fury come and carry me away
Take me to that place somewhere on higher ground

The voices on the radio were cracking off and on
The Quarter's underwater and the levees all but gone
There’s children in the treetops and soldiers in the sky
It’s too late now to run I’d never make it out alive

(Chorus)

Everyone sit tight help is on the way
I don’t think Jr. is going to last another day
We got a sawed off and a red hot .44
So all you looters best come heavy when you’re knocking on my door

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
We all know this crescent city just won’t be the same again
And I’ll still be standin’ when the saints go marching in

X’s on the windows say there’s no one left inside
If you count the painted numbers you’ll know just how many died
And I’m one in half a million so at least I’m not alone
The hurricane is over but the storm keeps raging on

(Chorus)
So let the rain sting my neck
Let the mighty Mississippi take this god-forsaken town
Let the storm and all the fury come and carry me away

Merchandise:
Kelly Reckless Sheet music

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I would think they should be liable for damage to locked cabinets etc. And what they did was illegal so any charges brought up should stick.

My understanding is that they are delaying residents coming back to ensure safety of infastructure (official reason). Shouldn't the RCMP be consentrating on this rather than this time waster?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My apologies. I did not see this thread, and started one of my own.

---

The cops were totally in the right here. Calgary is rife with unsavoury characters and gang members and it certainly isn't good to have firearms unsecured in vacant houses.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The cops were totally in the right here. Calgary is rife with unsavoury characters and gang members and it certainly isn't good to have firearms unsecured in vacant houses.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
If they were unsecured, why did they have to break locks to get at them?