James Gandolfini, dead at 51.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
When money was being cut for supporting actors and actresses he ponied up from his pay.
What an actor and what a man.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Only 51 years old. He was somewhat overweight, so perhaps that had something to do with it? It is a shame, and not just because he was a celebrity. Fifty-one is far too young to pass on.

He was excellent in the role of Tony Soprano. It is a shame that we won't get a chance to see him reprise that role again (as the ending of the series was quite 'meh'). He was a very good actor, and died far, far too young.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Gandolfini.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I was surprised. I thought he was a bit older. Though I thought in Zero Dark Thirty he looked younger than he did in the Sopranos. Unfortunate.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
He was excellent in the role of Tony Soprano. It is a shame that we won't get a chance to see him reprise that role again (as the ending of the series was quite 'meh'). He was a very good actor, and died far, far too young.

If he had lived to be 100 I doubt we would have ever seen him reprise that role. From what Ive read the show came to an end largely because he wanted out. It was good timing too. By doing so the show avoided being on too long and losing its appeal as some have. I was a bit annoyed by the last scene. I wish it had continued for just a few seconds more to see for certain whether or not his character is killed. The other thing that annoys me about it is every time I see that scene I wind up having that Journey song stuck in my head for several days.