Did a CBS reporter compare Iran’s presidential candidates to the Tea Party?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Did a CBS reporter compare Iran’s presidential candidates to the Tea Party?

Iran elects new president - YouTube

On Saturday night, CBS News covered the elections in Iran and reporter Elizabeth Palmer compared the "conservative" candidates to succeed Ahmadinejad as the Islamist equivalents of the American Tea Party movement:

JIM AXELROD: Liz, a man named Hassan Rowhani will be the next president of Iran. Is he in the mold of Ahmadinejad?

ELIZABETH PALMER: Well he was seen as the most reform-minded of all the candidates who ran this time. That being said, they were all very conservative. In U.S. terms, it was as if all the candidates for the presidency came from the Tea Party.

Nevertheless, young people especially see Mr. Rowhani as presenting a little bit of a hope for liberal reforms. He is a cleric. He is 64 years old. Hes a very experienced diplomat, quite charismatic and extremely close to the centers of power in Iran.

Read more: VIDEO: CBS Compares Tea Party to Iranian Hardliners - Fox Nation

P.S. Elizabeth Palmer is a Canadian - well she put the BS into the CBS.. what a snowflake.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
'In US terms it was as if...'

Hmm. So, she didn't say they were the same politically. She simply stated that it was all the far right politicos who were involved in the election. It smacks of people looking for offense.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Aaaagh but if I compare Justin Trudeau to Hugo Chavez... which is more accurate.

CBS was comparing a government that has systematically stoned women, gays and has one of the worst human rights and ties them in with the Tea Party.. come on.

Maybe they can revoke Elizabeth Palmer's Green Card when the Tea Party members get elected. ;)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If you take her remark out of context and build a back story for it, sure, that's the comparison she was making.

Or, if you stay in context, she said the candidates were all extremely conservative, which in the US would be like only the Tea Party being up for election.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Aaaagh but if I compare Justin Trudeau to Hugo Chavez... which is more accurate.

CBS was comparing a government that has systematically stoned women, gays and has one of the worst human rights and ties them in with the Tea Party.. come on.

Maybe they can revoke Elizabeth Palmer's Green Card when the Tea Party members get elected. ;)
You sound like a tea party member. Are you running for office?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Boomer's got his campaign photo as his avatar!

That's right... :lol:

Dam hypocrites, it's o.k. for Liberals to compare G.W. Bush to Hitler, or Iran's new leadership to the Tea Party.. but if you bring up Obama and Muslim is the same sentence or watermelon you're a racist..

So my question is, why are Conservatives considered racists?? Conservatives are the ones who lead the fight against slavery and Jim Crow.

------------------------------------

6/11/12 npr.org:
-100 members of Congress -- 96 Democrats and 4 Republicans -- present a "Declaration of Constitutional Principles" that opposed Brown v. Board of Education which desegregated schools and protested civil rights initiatives.
-“During this period, they [KKK] often forged alliances with Southern police departments, as in Birmingham, Alabama; or with governor's offices, as with George Wallace [democrat] of Alabama who, on his inauguration as governor of Alabama on January 14, 1963, proclaimed 'Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.'” wikipedia

Who supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act which outlaws discrimination against Blacks and women? Democrat senators, 61%; Republicans, 80%.

Who opposed the Civil Rights Voting Act of 1965? Democrat senators 27%, Republican senators 6%; democrat House members 22%, Republican House members 18%.

Democrat pres. LBJ commenting on his Great Society welfare to two governors on Air Force One: "I'll have those n&%$^#s voting Democratic for the next 200 years." 8/24/12 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relent…

In 1993 Sen. Ernest F. Hollings (D., S.C.); 1984 candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination: "Everybody likes to go to Geneva. I used to do it for the Law of the Sea conferences and you'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." 8/24/12 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relent…

12/3/93 The Baltimore Sun: Jesse Jackson admits: "I hate to admit it, but I have reached a stage in my life that if I am walking down a dark street late at night and I see that the person behind me is white, I subconsciously feel relieved."

For years Dem. Senator Robert Byrd was the "Grand Dragon" of the entire Mid-Atlantic states. (6/19/05 Washington Post). Byrd was the longest-serving senator in history, many of those years as Majority or Minority Leader. In 1946 he said: "The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia. It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state in the union." 8/24/12 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relent…

In 2004 Sen. Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.), 2008 candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination praised Byrd: "I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia [Sen. Robert] that he would have been a great senator at any moment. He would have been right during the great conflict of civil war in this nation." 8/24/12 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relent…

Sen. Byrd died in-office three years ago. VP Biden eulogized: “VP Biden said today that with the passing of Sen. Robert Byrd the Senate lost a legend and he lost a dear friend and mentor.” 6/28/10 ABC News

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/… “Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, ‘A few years ago, this guy [Obama] would have been carrying our bags.’”

------------------------------------

Seems to me the real RACISTS are the the Democrats (Liberals).. and bigots too.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I don't really think it goes down party lines, especially as you go back through history.

I find the ones you have to worry about are the ones who spend a lot of time trying to convince people they're not racist.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't really think it goes down party lines, especially as you go back through history.

I find the ones you have to worry about are the ones who spend a lot of time trying to convince people they're not racist.
ain't that the truth..

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Wrong.. I think everyone is a little racist in some shape or form, we just don't want to admit it..

When was the last time you had friends over to Sunday dinner who was black, Muslim, Handicap or whatever. co-workers??

I think to claim one is "not a racist" is stupid. Everyone has a bias.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Wrong.. I think everyone is a little racist in some shape or form, we just don't want to admit it..

When was the last time you had friends over to Sunday dinner who was black, Muslim, Handicap or whatever. co-workers??

I think to claim one is "not a racist" is stupid. Everyone has a bias.

Everyone does have a bias, I agree. That doesn't mean all biases are the same. Some people spend a lot of time trying to convince people they're not racists. they usually say things like "Some of my best freinds are black" or something like that. Those of the ones that I find are the racists you have to worry about.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I nominate this thread for 'off topic the fastest'. lol.

That bites...

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
If you take her remark out of context and build a back story for it, sure, that's the comparison she was making.

Or, if you stay in context, she said the candidates were all extremely conservative, which in the US would be like only the Tea Party being up for election.

Alice doesn't live here in Iran anymore...