Fresh Halal Meat

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Food shops in east London caught selling DEAD RATS as undercover probe reveals illegal meat trade

• West African delicacies like charred sheep skin also being sold at Ridley Road Market in Dalston, east London
  • BBC undercover team finds six butchers are selling illegal 'bush meat'
  • Fears that the food, which break UK food safety rules, could also make shoppers ill

story

Food shops in east London caught selling DEAD RATS as undercover probe reveals illegal meat trade | Mail Online

No wonder I felt so sick, my stomach was full of puke.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Most of the meat sold in British schools is halal, even in schools where there are hardly any Muslims.

Halal meat should have no place in a civilised society and it should be banned in England. Leave it for the Muslim countries...... and Wales.

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Most of the meat sold in British schools is halal, even in schools where there are hardly any Muslims.

Halal meat should have no place in a civilised society and it should be banned in England. Leave it for the Muslim countries...... and Wales.

Let's not confuse halal meat and meat advertised as halal. Anyone can advertise their meat as being halal.

Though I'm sure more than a few Muslims might consider vegetarianism after reading this.

As for halal butchering practices being halal, there is actually a study in Germany showing the animal suffers less through desanguination than by other means.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

But, but, it cooks up better! I like my meat halal.

BTW, incase anyone is curious what the difference is, the main feature of halal meat is that, in order to help meat keep as long as possible in dessert heats, the animal is killed by having its throat slit, so that the heart pumps as much blood as possible out of the meat, before it is hung, unlike current western butcher practice of killing the animal, hanging it, slitting it and letting gravity do what it can. The result is, well, better meat.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

BTW, incase anyone is curious what the difference is, the main feature of halal meat is that, in order to help meat keep as long as possible in dessert heats, the animal is killed by having its throat slit, so that the heart pumps as much blood as possible out of the meat, before it is hung, unlike current western butcher practice of killing the animal, hanging it, slitting it and letting gravity do what it can. The result is, well, better meat.
thanks I was wondering

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

And Kosher is A OK?

It costs me $85 a year extra because of Kosher. Is that Kosher?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A way of killing and blessing just like Halal but you and I and everyone else in North America cough up $15.1 BILLION a year to pay for it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A way of killing and blessing just like Halal but you and I and everyone else in North America cough up $15.1 BILLION a year to pay for it.
oh ~8O~ well I don't like the sound of THAT

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Me either. That's a lot of money that people just don't have to pay for somebody else.

Are we forced to pay for Halal? No. If you want Halal, you pay for Halal yourself not stick it on everybody else.

If somebody chooses to pay for and eat a Halal rat, I could care less but if I had to pay for that rat to be Halal I'd be pissed off just like I'm about the $15Billion for Kosher.

We don't have a choice in the matter.

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What some people don't realise is tht all kosher food is also halal (Muslims can eat kosher), though not all halal food is kosher (Jews do not recognize halal food as kosher).

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

To late- Muslim plot with Halal meats. It has a virus. Sometime in the near future you will wake up with a strange urge, overwhelming to pray towards Mecca.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada

Yes, and the animal suffers unbearable pain before it dies!!

In Canada, we have cruelty to animal laws!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hmmm... the research seems to show that at least in relative terms, exsanguination causes no more suffering than otehr means, and pehaps even less.
Do some youtubing, there is nothing graceful and loving about Kosher or Halal meats.

Anyone else starting not to give a fvck ?
If that is what they choose, so be it but be dammed if I'm going to pay for it like I have to with Kosher.