Anti-gay marriage protestors disrupt men's French Open Final

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A masked, bare-chested protester waving a lit flare ran onto the court at the men's final of the French Open tennis in Paris earlier today but was restrained by security before he could interrupt the match.

A few minutes earlier, two bare-chested men stood up in the front rows, holding a banner accusing France of trampling on children's rights.

Other protesters called on President Francois Hollande to resign.

The protesters were angered by France's decision to legalise gay marriage.

The first same-sex wedding in France took place last month under tight security.

Campaigners against gay marriage and adoption by same-sex couples, backed by the Catholic Church and conservative opposition, argue the law undermines an essential building block of society.

The protests at the French Open final were quickly snuffed out.

Rafael Nadal won the final in straight sets, defeating fellow Spaniard David Ferrer 6-3, 6-2, 6-3, becoming the first player to win eight titles at the same Grand Slam.

BBC News - French Open targeted by anti-gay marriage protest

Close call: Security guards protect Nadal and restrain the protester, who was armed with a flare

A flare-wielding protester jumps onto the Philippe Chatrier court

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
More fools publically embarrassing themselves who don't have the mental capacity to differentiate between homosexuality and pedophilia.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lol.... you are fast today too huh? :D I've engaged with a few for sure.

Well Sal, it's inevitable and frankly, I have some things I need to do today and may not be around when they show up. So I thought I'd get the deserving shot in early. You know, for the sake of efficiency and all. :D

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The OP being one of them. They also don't understand the meaning of equal rights or human rights. They give Neanderthals a bad name.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well Sal, it's inevitable and frankly, I have some things I need to do today and may not be around when they show up. So I thought I'd get the deserving shot in early. You know, for the sake of efficiency and all. :D
Yes I completely understand... :p

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Looks like Nadal is excited to see that bare-chested fellow. Oh, wait. That's just a tennis ball. LOL!

In all seriousness, the article says that the guy in the suit is there to protect Nadal. Judging from Nadal's glare, the one that would need protection is the fool with the flare.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
We were talking about Neanderthal Man, Wally. Try to keep up. The only person on here that might know something about bestiality would be Durka Durka who seems to have a fixation on goats.
You're the one who brought up the species argument; try and keep up. In any court if you bring up a subject it's fair game for cross-examination. So, are you promoting bestiality?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Well good for them. I don't think this type of thing does much good.. Frankly i think it'll take the chaos that will ultimately grip a society when its fundamental structural keystone of marriage.. is turned into an absurdity and an insult... before enough people come to their senses and realize that this has NOTHING to do with 'human rights'. Just the opposite.. its inspiration (or better stated possession) is that which hates everything truly human.