Rape suspect buried alive in Bolivia

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A man suspected of rape has been buried alive by villagers in the southern highlands of Bolivia.

Police had identified the 17-year-old as the possible culprit in the rape and murder of a 35-year-old woman near the municipality of Colquechaca.

The chief prosecutor says more than 200 furious local people seized Santos Ramos and buried him in the grave of his alleged victim.
He says residents blocked roads into the village to stop police arriving.

more

BBC News - Rape suspect buried alive in Bolivia

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Yikes... I hope he really was guilty! If it turns out he wasn't, then they'll have to bury the next suspect? Oh well, bury enough people and they're bound to get the right guy in the end, eh.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yikes... I hope he really was guilty! If it turns out he wasn't, then they'll have to bury the next suspect? Oh well, bury enough people and they're bound to get the right guy in the end, eh.

Or bury the mob. They're going to need a bigger cemetery.

Given who judged and killed the kid I have to doubt his guilt. Also, assuming he was guilty its a little weird to bury him with the victim. Shouldnt the victim get to have their own grave free from their attacker? I dont get it.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I could think of better ways to go..

Buried alive ... villagers dumped suspect in grave

Justice ... lynchings rare in Bolivia

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Or bury the mob. They're going to need a bigger cemetery.

Given who judged and killed the kid I have to doubt his guilt. Also, assuming he was guilty its a little weird to bury him with the victim. Shouldnt the victim get to have their own grave free from their attacker? I dont get it.
Quite different culture there, so their thoughts and thought processes are quite different. Wifey could probably explain it a lot better than me, but even just having a slightly different geographic location can influence thoughts and thought patterns differently, let alone all the influences like climate, building materials, vegetation, wildlife, etc.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Quite different culture there, so their thoughts and thought processes are quite different. Wifey could probably explain it a lot better than me, but even just having a slightly different geographic location can influence thoughts and thought patterns differently, let alone all the influences like climate, building materials, vegetation, wildlife, etc.

THAT'S JUSTICE!!!

I can tell you one thing.. that Rapist/Murderer won't be doing that to anyone else any time soon.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Under Inca law you either paid a fine- or you were pushed off a cliff to your death.
Nothing in between...

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
that is, if he actually did the crime.

OH, he did it alright, Gerry!!

Look at those close set eyes, hair spray hair, overshot upper lip, touch of moisture in the corners of his mouth, those hairy palms, ..........................holy shlt.................STEVE !!!!!?????8O