‘Monster’ Ottawa husband found guilty of first-degree murder in death of wife torture

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Where and when Goooob..

that's a .50 cal sniper rifle.. (South Korea)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
A number of articles detail the years of abuse, friends trying to help- and she would make excuses for injuries.
Took a woman that was outgoing, self reliant and tortured her, then the final injuries. My God how could anyone do that. Then he left her there to die in pain.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
after he burned her he shot her and there were multiple other injuries post burning...once again, had been reported to police...once again, nothing done...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
after he burned her he shot her and there were multiple other injuries post burning...once again, had been reported to police...once again, nothing done...

It sounds like she denied it and defended him. I have to think that it may have been another call that the police knew would result in no charges. Unfortunately they probably felt that responding becomes a waste of time.

I always wonder how people susceptible to abuse always seem to find it. You would think that one of these guys would try it to his wife and she would konk him. But it always seems that for every monster, there is his wife taking it and defending him.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all I object to making nasty comparisons regarding sewer scum, it has more
integrity than this guy. He should never get out of prison. We also have to change
any and all laws that allow for women to not charge the bastard. The problem is
testimony. It should be sufficient for police to testify as to what they saw and the
situation at the scene.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
First of all I object to making nasty comparisons regarding sewer scum, it has more
integrity than this guy. He should never get out of prison. We also have to change
any and all laws that allow for women to not charge the bastard. The problem is
testimony. It should be sufficient for police to testify as to what they saw and the
situation at the scene.

Ireland did that. They finally got tired of women who wouldn't press charges (largely under the influence of family, society, and church), and changed the law to explicitly state that the women didn't need to agree or even testify. The police and medical evidence is usually sufficient to convict.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
A number of articles detail the years of abuse, friends trying to help- and she would make excuses for injuries.
Took a woman that was outgoing, self reliant and tortured her, then the final injuries. My God how could anyone do that. Then he left her there to die in pain.

And called 911 and admitted to it. Weird. Most murderers at least make an attempt to get away with it.

It must be particularly hard for the victims friends and family who saw it coming and tried to help but couldnt. I really dont understand why so many women in abusive relationships stay.

We also have to change
any and all laws that allow for women to not charge the bastard.

I didnt know there was such a law. I thought that for criminal offences no matter what the person would be charged whether or not the victim wanted to charge. If that isnt the case it should be.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Disgusting pig he is. I'm against capital punishment but the continued torture, neglect and mental abuse in addition to killing her almost makes me think twice.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
And called 911 and admitted to it. Weird. Most murderers at least make an attempt to get away with it.

It must be particularly hard for the victims friends and family who saw it coming and tried to help but couldnt. I really dont understand why so many women in abusive relationships stay.

I hope the answer is no. Have you ever sat down and talked in depth with an abused woman. I sorta hope you have done this. I have.
And to help that person rebuild just their confidence in them selves can take years.That I have done.
And the issues that person have are substantial. The abuse builds layer by layer. They lose themselves, layer by layer and see no way out.
And as DG stated we need tougher laws.
And the kids carry on what they learned when they are involved in these relationships, spawning more generations of abusers.

Not gonna get that from this crowd in Govt. More interested in a 10 year sentence for rioting, causing destruction while wearing a mask. Those costs are nothing compared to spousal abuse.

And it is almost 50 - 50 on abuser-abused- men are more violent than women. But abuse comes in many forms.
You can cut a persons self worth down to nothing using words and non violent actions.