Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Here? Wouldn't it make a bit more sense if they were to name it 'hear'? Hear Canada..........that has a nice ring to it. :smile:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Here? Wouldn't it make a bit more sense if they were to name it 'hear'? Hear Canada..........that has a nice ring to it. :smile:

As do I. Otherwise - 1 cut- all of it. But only in Quebec. I wonder if they could Ici that.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
As do I. Otherwise - 1 cut- all of it. But only in Quebec. I wonder if they could Ici that.

Hey......it's Quebec never a province to miss an opportunity to do something that will rub the ROC the wrong way.

My ex took a driving trip back East this spring.......making it all the way to Moncton, NB. He had a great trip until he hit the first road construction signs in Quebec - not a one of them in English - on the Trans- Canada Hwy. He was beside himself describing to me the mess that ensued when non-French speaking drivers halted traffic trying to figure out what they were supposed to do. Quebec has a right to put up French road signs in their province, but the Trans- Canada belongs to the nation and signs should be in both official languages fps. American tourists must get a real kick out visiting La Belle Province.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Hey......it's Quebec never a province to miss an opportunity to do something that will rub the ROC the wrong way.

My ex took a driving trip back East this spring.......making it all the way to Moncton, NB. He had a great trip until he hit the first road construction signs in Quebec - not a one of them in English - on the Trans- Canada Hwy. He was beside himself describing to me the mess that ensued when non-French speaking drivers halted traffic trying to figure out what they were supposed to do. Quebec has a right to put up French road signs in their province, but the Trans- Canada belongs to the nation and signs should be in both official languages fps. American tourists must get a real kick out visiting La Belle Province.

Me- English only- traveled thru Quebec on a number of occasions- taking days at times- Always by road -Not once did I ever have a problem- not once was I ever treated rudely. Not once.
As a matter of fact it was the opposite. I was treated quite well.
Road signs have numbers.
NB is the only Prov in Canada that is officially bilingual.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dumb move but it doesnt really bother me. Hopefully their current government will fall soon.