Millard Update

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I guess because Millard's farm is close to where I am currently on contract working I have become slightly addicted to this case. The police came back yet again this week on Tuesday to begin searching the farm this time with some type of ground radar probably looking for the remains of poor Laura Babcock.

It is hard not to think that had her missing person's report which linked Millard to the case been taken seriously, Tim Bosma would be alive today.

The latest on the news this morning was about a yacht rental and blood spotted and possibly a woman missing. Only now was it put together.

OPP investigates murder suspect’s Island yacht charter - The Manitoulin ExpositorThe Manitoulin Expositor

Dellen Millard probe after blood in yacht linked to Bosma suspect | Canada | News | National Post

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I was reading this article last evening.

Stolen Harley found on property of accused Tim Bosma killer | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Seems like their potential involvement in crime after crime is being revealed more and more each day. Obviously the crimes related to missing or deceased persons are the far more serious ones. But I did read in the article above that the man who's Harley was stolen did have some footage of the alley (security camera I guess) but that the police really didn't look too closely at it. What possibly, if anything, could have been prevented if they had?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I was reading this article last evening.

Stolen Harley found on property of accused Tim Bosma killer | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Seems like their potential involvement in crime after crime is being revealed more and more each day. Obviously the crimes related to missing or deceased persons are the far more serious ones. But I did read in the article above that the man who's Harley was stolen did have some footage of the alley (security camera I guess) but that the police really didn't look too closely at it. What possibly, if anything, could have been prevented if they had?
Agreed. I know the police are over-worked and understaffed and pushed to be focused on the wrong crimes, they need to quit wasting tax dollars on arresting and convicting pot users and hookers and Johns and FOCUS on the big stuff. That goes for the States and here. Hello, missing people, and murder should take precedence over everything.

It looks like this guy slipped under the radar repeatedly, which would only encourage a psychopath to escalate. Well now he has.

an excellent story by the way, thanks I had missed it

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Agreed. I know the police are over-worked and understaffed and pushed to be focused on the wrong crimes, they need to quit wasting tax dollars on arresting and convicting pot users and hookers and Johns and FOCUS on the big stuff. That goes for the States and here. Hello, missing people, and murder should take precedence over everything.

That generally depends on the people that are missing, right?

It looks like this guy slipped under the radar repeatedly, which would only encourage a psychopath to escalate. Well now he has.
That feeling of invincibility must have been quite strong. The article said there were hundreds of vehicles in the hangar, don't know how many were stolen but I'd bet most of them were. A sick and twisted mind would be encouraged by getting away with it for sure.

an excellent story by the way, thanks I had missed it
I like the perspective it was written from, it had a nice touch of humanity to it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That generally depends on the people that are missing, right?
yes, yes it does and there is the shame of it too, because certain types of people ARE more likely to go missing, as a psychopath who is hunting, who are they most likely to take, someone who no one would notice...it took Bosma to bring this to light.

That feeling of invincibility must have been quite strong. The article said there were hundreds of vehicles in the hangar, don't know how many were stolen but I'd bet most of them were. A sick and twisted mind would be encouraged by getting away with it for sure.
well the chilling part is, with all of these missing vehicles recovered, they wanted his vehicle... but they took him,

I like the perspective it was written from, it had a nice touch of humanity to it.
buddy there that got his bike back, he "gets it" and said it all quite nicely

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
yes, yes it does and there is the shame of it too, because certain types of people ARE more likely to go missing, as a psychopath who is hunting, who are they most likely to take, someone who no one would notice...it took Bosma to bring this to light.

That's not atypical from my understanding. They say that they all make mistakes eventually that get them caught, Bosma, while unfortunate for him, was theirs.

well the chilling part is, with all of these missing vehicles recovered, they wanted his vehicle... but they took him,
It's kind of difficult to comprehend how you go from vehicle theft to murder, but I guess if the reason for the vehicle theft was for the thrill of committing a crime and not getting caught? I don't know, this whole thing is very bizarre to me.

buddy there that got his bike back, he "gets it" and said it all quite nicely
Agreed.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That's not atypical from my understanding. They say that they all make mistakes eventually that get them caught, Bosma, while unfortunate for him, was theirs.

It's kind of difficult to comprehend how you go from vehicle theft to murder, but I guess if the reason for the vehicle theft was for the thrill of committing a crime and not getting caught? I don't know, this whole thing is very bizarre to me.

Agreed.
it is bizarre and unlike the States we don't reveal as much about what is going on until later....not a bad thing in my estimate...if something compromises the case, don't reveal it...and frankly I don't think the public has a right to know until after unless it involves public safety...justice is more important than early revelation.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
it is bizarre and unlike the States we don't reveal as much about what is going on until later....not a bad thing in my estimate...if something compromises the case, don't reveal it...and frankly I don't think the public has a right to know until after unless it involves public safety...justice is more important than early revelation.

I agree but the speculation here in the news media is getting just as bad as in the U.S. In the absence of actual revelations by the police, which I agree they should not be necessarily doing (we don't have a right to know gory details) they'll trot out the "scenarios" and play what if with the resident 'experts'.

I do like to know, eventually, just what exactly happened. Like I mentioned in the other thread about the Arias tv movie, we can get emotionally caught up with the crimes, the victims, victims families and it is important to have that full story. At some point. Usually later. I think a little bit because the trials always revolve around the accused...this will be the "Millard Trial" not the "Bosma murder trial" I can almost guarantee it. So afterwards, once verdicts are rendered, I think it can be important to revisit the victim in a way, tell the full story, their full story. That doesn't always happen, but sometimes it does.

I sometimes watch ID Discovery and I used to be surprised at just how many family members of victims participate in the retelling of their loved ones murder. But then I kind of realized that they need for us to empathize with them and their loved one. I think it can be a big part of their healing, to tell their story.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I agree but the speculation here in the news media is getting just as bad as in the U.S. In the absence of actual revelations by the police, which I agree they should not be necessarily doing (we don't have a right to know gory details) they'll trot out the "scenarios" and play what if with the resident 'experts'.

I do like to know, eventually, just what exactly happened. Like I mentioned in the other thread about the Arias tv movie, we can get emotionally caught up with the crimes, the victims, victims families and it is important to have that full story. At some point. Usually later. I think a little bit because the trials always revolve around the accused...this will be the "Millard Trial" not the "Bosma murder trial" I can almost guarantee it. So afterwards, once verdicts are rendered, I think it can be important to revisit the victim in a way, tell the full story, their full story. That doesn't always happen, but sometimes it does.

I sometimes watch ID Discovery and I used to be surprised at just how many family members of victims participate in the retelling of their loved ones murder. But then I kind of realized that they need for us to empathize with them and their loved one. I think it can be a big part of their healing, to tell their story.
I like the way you said that.... the Bosma murder trial...I am going to call it that when it happens...I am going to take care to do that...thanks.

I think from a psychological perspective you have got it...it's about the catharsis of being allowed to tell their story and reveal their feelings and fears and I always find them fascinating because they are just every day people like us who have under gone a tragedy. And it could be anyone of us up there.

Just recently I again watched the documentary Something is Wrong with Aunt Diane. Had a completely different take years later than I did the first time around. The older a case gets the more facts present and the more clear things become.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I like the way you said that.... the Bosma murder trial...I am going to call it that when it happens...I am going to take care to do that...thanks.

I remember being very adamant about doing that when little Victoria Stafford's killer was tried. The trial was here in town, so it was particularly hard hitting.

I think from a psychological perspective you have got it...it's about the catharsis of being allowed to tell their story and reveal their feelings and fears and I always find them fascinating because they are just every day people like us who have under gone a tragedy. And it could be anyone of us up there.
It could be and I've often found a lot of strength just by seeing the composed strength, power and dignity of some family members of victims. I can remember, many years ago when I was taking a class in Ottawa (law class) we went to the Supreme Court on a day when Clifford Olsen was supposed to be having one of his appeals. He didn't, it was postponed or cancelled for some reason. But I can recall hearing Sharon Rosenfeldt speak on the steps of the courthouse. It was....empowering to see her strength and determination, it made a lasting impression upon me.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I guess because Millard's farm is close to where I am currently on contract working I have become slightly addicted to this case. The police came back yet again this week on Tuesday to begin searching the farm this time with some type of ground radar probably looking for the remains of poor Laura Babcock.

It is hard not to think that had her missing person's report which linked Millard to the case been taken seriously, Tim Bosma would be alive today.

The latest on the news this morning was about a yacht rental and blood spotted and possibly a woman missing. Only now was it put together.

OPP investigates murder suspect’s Island yacht charter - The Manitoulin ExpositorThe Manitoulin Expositor

Dellen Millard probe after blood in yacht linked to Bosma suspect | Canada | News | National Post

I lived close to the Pickton farm in the late 1990s and it still creeps me out that women were being butchered only a few blocks away.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I lived close to the Pickton farm in the late 1990s and it still creeps me out that women were being butchered only a few blocks away.
Judging by you political leanings, it's obvious that its had an adverse affect on your reasoning ability!!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Judging by you political leanings, it's obvious that its had an adverse affect on your reasoning ability!!
that's the first red I have ever given in all the years I have ever posted on any site but that was a low low blow so you deserved it

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
that's the first red I have ever given in all the years I have ever posted on any site but that was a low low blow so you deserved it

He's not worth breaking your record over. You should've just reported him and asked to have the remark deleted.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
He's not worth breaking your record over. You should've just reported him and asked to have the remark deleted.
lmao...I got a red back so does that cancel it out...the funny thing is ......meh never mind not worth going there...gonna take the high road. ;)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
lmao...I got a red back so does that cancel it out...the funny thing is ......meh never mind not worth going there...gonna take the high road. ;)
He is just playing games. His type of Conservatism is dying, not quite dead but on the way of the wind.