Anti-black grafitti written by . . . black student

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
wouldn't you just be so proud of your kid, especially the mouthy one who was so mad at school officials, meanwhile the principal knew damned well what was actually happening and just couldn't say...all is not as it seems

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
wouldn't you just be so proud of your kid, especially the mouthy one who was so mad at school officials,

Depends if they are the parent that thinks their kid can do no wrong, they may still find a way to blame someone else for it.

meanwhile the principal knew damned well what was actually happening and just couldn't say...all is not as it seems

Actually I can buy that as a directive from the police department.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Depends if they are the parent that thinks their kid can do no wrong, they may still find a way to blame someone else for it.

Actually I can buy that as a directive from the police department.
Yeah me too, and just recently I was in a situation that I judged...'well the best way to handle this is to do such and such, this is being handled incorrectly, the kid is stringing them along'. Many of us "experts" had opinions and weighed in on just how WE would have handled it. Then came to find out more than I wished and didn't it just change my tune fast. And I thought to myself, had it been handled my way once the truth emerged I would have felt guilt beyond reasoning.

Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and so is a race to conclusion.

I have done many silent mea culpas with the additional, through my fault, through my own fault. And thank god I was not "handling" it.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yeah me too, and just recently I was in a situation that I judged...'well the best way to handle this is to do such and such, this is being handled incorrectly, the kid is stringing them along'. Many of us "experts" had opinions and weighed in on just how WE would have handled it. Then came to find out more than I wished and didn't it just change my tune fast. And I thought to myself, had it been handled my way once the truth emerged I would have felt guilt beyond reasoning.

Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and so is a race to conclusion.

I have done many silent mea culpas with the additional, through my fault, through my own fault. And thank god I was not "handling" it.

Well just look at the parent's, outraged in the first part of the story, about the school painting over and not discussing the Sunday graffiti with parents or students. Then, as it turns out, this was part of the directive from the police regarding the release of information.

But I think everyone can, and often does, rush to judgement. We're human, we react emotionally to things. It's understandable. I try to look at the context (what the situation is about) when someone does rush in, guns a blazing with judgement. Because I've been there, bullets flying out of my own guns. What I try to do, and it's definitely not always easy, is to hold my tongue at first, until I calm down and gain a bit of perspective. I know, from past experience, that the situation really can change. Sometimes we just can't help ourselves though.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well just look at the parent's, outraged in the first part of the story, about the school painting over and not discussing the Sunday graffiti with parents or students. Then, as it turns out, this was part of the directive from the police regarding the release of information.

But I think everyone can, and often does, rush to judgement. We're human, we react emotionally to things. It's understandable. I try to look at the context (what the situation is about) when someone does rush in, guns a blazing with judgement. Because I've been there, bullets flying out of my own guns. What I try to do, and it's definitely not always easy, is to hold my tongue at first, until I calm down and gain a bit of perspective. I know, from past experience, that the situation really can change. Sometimes we just can't help ourselves though.
it will make me pause for a while before I rush to judgement again, that's for sure.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
None of this is new.

Kids want to break the rules, but they don't want to get caught. The best way to not get caught, is to look like the victim of a crime, instead of the perpetrator.

My cousin (yes, she was a little troubled and not so bright), used to always be the target of her own graffiti, so she could write on the bathroom walls and never be the one to get in trouble.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Village Vandalism
Police, the FBI and local security at George Washington University have spent the last couple of weeks trying to learn who has been painting swastikas around the Washington D.C. campus. Several of the symbols were reported by Jewish freshman student Sarah Marshak — and the incidents were investigated as possible hate crimes.

Now media reports say hidden camera video has implicated Marshak. After initially denying it — she later admitted drawing at least three of six swastikas on her door.

Marshak says she did that — in order to highlight what she characterized as the school's inaction over her original complaint. She could face federal and local charges as well as discipline from the school.

Fox News

GWU student journalist admits hate crime hoax

Michelle Malkin | GWU student journalist admits hate crime hoax «

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Village Vandalism
Police, the FBI and local security at George Washington University have spent the last couple of weeks trying to learn who has been painting swastikas around the Washington D.C. campus. Several of the symbols were reported by Jewish freshman student Sarah Marshak — and the incidents were investigated as possible hate crimes.

Now media reports say hidden camera video has implicated Marshak. After initially denying it — she later admitted drawing at least three of six swastikas on her door.

Marshak says she did that — in order to highlight what she characterized as the school's inaction over her original complaint. She could face federal and local charges as well as discipline from the school.

Fox News

GWU student journalist admits hate crime hoax

Michelle Malkin | GWU student journalist admits hate crime hoax «

He'll be on to the next lie Locutus. That's how they operate. They throw as much disinformation as possible.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
He'll be on to the next lie Locutus. That's how they operate. They throw as much disinformation as possible.
Are you talking about gopher? Where did he lie?

Back in the good old days of the FLQ (late 60s, early 70s) students who didn't want to go to school would phone in bomb threats early in the morning so the school would be locked down. The FLQ still got the blame even after it became obvious who the perps actually were. Journalists sensationalize everything to the point of fabrication. If anybody is throwing disinformation around it is the mass media. Right wing/left wing is nonsense. There are only about 5 or 6 people or corporation that control all the media.

Last edited: