Dzhokhar Tsarnaev note found in boat

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
CBS’ John Miller broke the story this morning of a note written in pen on the inside of the boat where Tsarnaev lay wounded before he was captured by police:
“Basically the note says that he does not mourn his brother Tamerlan, that Tamerlan was a martyr now and that he was in paradise, that Dzhokhar expected to join him there soon,” Miller said. “That the bombings were in retribution for the US crimes against Muslims in places like Iraq and Afghanistan; that the victims of the Boston bombing were ‘collateral damage,’ the same way innocent victims have been collateral damage in US wars around the world, summing up that when you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims.”
The New York Times confirmed the story of the note, buried deep in another story about another Chechen refugee being questioned in the case:

read on:

Reports: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev note found in boat points to mystifying motive we may never truly understand « Hot Air

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Crazy, yes. But the bit about collateral damage makes sense in a crazy kinda way. To me it is just the chickens coming home to roost. When life in Muslim countries becomes worthless to those invading them and killing innocent women and children, then retribution is only fair play. Life in the US is not worth more than that of life in other countries. Killing is killing. I don't care who does it, it is wrong. Those who expect there to be no retaliation are living in a fantasy.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Crazy, yes. But the bit about collateral damage makes sense in a crazy kinda way. To me it is just the chickens coming home to roost. When life in Muslim countries becomes worthless to those invading them and killing innocent women and children, then retribution is only fair play. Life in the US is not worth more than that of life in other countries. Killing is killing. I don't care who does it, it is wrong. Those who expect there to be no retaliation are living in a fantasy.

You might not make it as a Petroleum Sheik, Cliff...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It was in a corked bottle which he threw overboard. It was recovered by elderly carrot fishermen at low lawn tide.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
CBS’ John Miller broke the story this morning of a note written in pen on the inside of the boat where Tsarnaev lay wounded before he was captured by police:
“Basically the note says that he does not mourn his brother Tamerlan, that Tamerlan was a martyr now and that he was in paradise, that Dzhokhar expected to join him there soon,” Miller said. “That the bombings were in retribution for the US crimes against Muslims in places like Iraq and Afghanistan; that the victims of the Boston bombing were ‘collateral damage,’ the same way innocent victims have been collateral damage in US wars around the world, summing up that when you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims.”
The New York Times confirmed the story of the note, buried deep in another story about another Chechen refugee being questioned in the case:

read on:

Reports: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev note found in boat points to mystifying motive we may never truly understand « Hot Air

Actually, his brother isn't in paradise. He's in the ground, making a nice tasty snack for the worms.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The note is pure malarkey propaganda with the typical caveats built in.

For instance "a note written in pen on the inside of the boat where Tsarnaev lay". I have the word "Panasonic" written by where I lay but I didn't put it on the clock radio.

"Basically the note says" and "Miller said" means none of what was written was a quote of anything written by Tsarnaev because not one word of this is real.

It's pure, 100% shameless BS.