Daughter evicting veteran from home he built

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Daughter evicting veteran from home he built

By QMI Agency

A 91-year-old war veteran is being evicted from the Ohio house he built and has lived in for 56 years after signing over his power of attorney to his only daughter, who allegedly had the property put in her name.
John "Jack" Potter is a Second World War vet, former mayor of Zaleski, Ohio, and is retired from working 30 years as a train dispatcher.
In February, his daughter Janice Cottrill served him an eviction notice, Potter's granddaughter Jaclyn Fraley wrote on a website to raise money to keep his home.
Potter had given Cottrill power of attorney in case he became ill, Fraley said. But Cottrill is accused of using her power of attorney to secretly transfer the home's deed to her name in 2004.
The rest of the family didn't discover the transfer until 2010, Fraley said, and though other family members tried to reverse the allegedly illegal transfer an appeal court ruled the four-year statute of limitations had expired.
Cottrill has gone to court to have Potter forcibly removed, Fraley, 35, Cottrill's daughter, said.

Fraley then set up a campaign on GoFundMe.com to raise $125,000 so Potter can buy back the home.
As of Wednesday afternoon, the site had raised $44,314.
The eviction is scheduled for June 12, Fraley told ABC News, and Potter, who turns 92 on May 23, will be given the boot unless the money is raised.
Potter has since transferred power of attorney to Fraley, ABC News reported.
Cottrill declined to comment to ABC.
Fraley doesn't think her mother deserves the money, she told the broadcaster. "But my grandfather deserves to stay in his home as long as he possibly can."

Q&A Saturday Night - YouTube

Daughter evicting veteran from home he built - World - Canoe.ca

What an absolutely contemptible bitch this woman is, evicting her own 92 year old father after cheating him out of his home! There is no way she can even have anything resembling a damned heart!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
aw his granddaughter is in his corner... it's gone public hopefully some lawyer will take it on for the publicity.

can't even comment on the daughter except to say, it makes my blood boil

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
aw his granddaughter is in his corner... it's gone public hopefully some lawyer will take it on for the publicity.

I don't know if there's anything a lawyer can do. The court already said it was past the statute of limitations.

can't even comment on the daughter except to say, it makes my blood boil
LOL. We're back to being twins. I just sent the article to my daughter and the "making my blood boil" piece was in the subject header. :D

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't know if there's anything a lawyer can do. The court already said it was past the statute of limitations.

LOL. We're back to being twins. I just sent the article to my daughter and the "making my blood boil" piece was in the subject header. :D
lmao...suuuuuuuuurprise.... too funny :)

they can't help him no matter what? :hmph: that breaks my heart...there has to be a way around this

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lmao...suuuuuuuuurprise.... too funny :)

they can't help him no matter what? :hmph: that breaks my heart...there has to be a way around this

I don't know, that's just what is says in the article. It's beyond shameful. It's still theft for goodness sakes!

That woman should be named and shamed multiple times over and I sincerely hope the publicity ruins her life! I'm actually two steps away from calling for her to be drawn and quartered!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't know, that's just what is says in the article. It's beyond shameful. It's still theft for goodness sakes!

That woman should be named and shamed multiple times over and I sincerely hope the publicity ruins her life! I'm actually two steps away from calling for her to be drawn and quartered!
take a coupla steps...lol... just sayin' :p

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
What an absolutely contemptible bitch this woman is, evicting her own 92 year old father after cheating him out of his home! There is no way she can even have anything resembling a damned heart!
I couldn't say it better than that!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Cottrill.

That's way, way, way kinder than I have been on her. Besides, lawyers may be evil, scum sucking windbags but I'll bet even they don't steal from their own family.

Impressively despicable. I hope karma hits the daughter with 4X the impact she had on her father.

I hope this is the one case where over exposure on the internet seriously ruins her life. I don't care how nasty of a person it makes me to say that, this woman is absolutely contemptible. To do that to your own father, let alone a father that is a war veteran, a former mayor of the small town, and (as evidenced in the YouTube video) a pretty darned sweet old guy...he's given a lot in his 92 years. That anyone would take from him makes them despicable, that it's his own flesh and blood is perverse.