'I cannot stand Jewish people'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via bcf:

Your Daily Mail eyeroll of the hour

I can't decide which is worse: that this idiot woman, apparently a lawyer, thinks it's normal to say in public "I cannot stand Jewish people" - not the political incorrectness of it, but that she lives in a culture where that particular political incorrectness strikes her as acceptable; you know she would never have said "I cannot stand black people" - or that she "was subject of a three-and-a-half year investigation in front of two legal tribunals".

Either way, I say we compromise and nuke Britain. Think of it as the Liverpool Pathway approach to a hopelessly f-ed up embarrassment of a formerly great nation.

da rest:

'I cannot stand Jewish people': Lawyer almost loses her career over office rant about queue-jumping man at medical centre | Mail Online

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
via bcf:

Your Daily Mail eyeroll of the hour

I can't decide which is worse: that this idiot woman, apparently a lawyer, thinks it's normal to say in public "I cannot stand Jewish people" - not the political incorrectness of it, but that she lives in a culture where that particular political incorrectness strikes her as acceptable; you know she would never have said "I cannot stand black people" - or that she "was subject of a three-and-a-half year investigation in front of two legal tribunals".

Either way, I say we compromise and nuke Britain. Think of it as the Liverpool Pathway approach to a hopelessly f-ed up embarrassment of a formerly great nation.

da rest:

'I cannot stand Jewish people': Lawyer almost loses her career over office rant about queue-jumping man at medical centre | Mail Online

How do you know she'd never say 'I can't stand black people'? Her lawyer argued she's too young, at 34, to understand the realities of the holocaust. She'd definitely be too young to understand slavery.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So what is wrong with her statement then?

Not in the workplace- Not difficult to understand - And when asked not to repeat it- Well ignorant is ignorant.

"After making her comment, the unnamed cashier said: 'Please do not say that' but Mrs Morris added: 'I don’t care, I cannot stand them".

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
There's a certain level of professionalism that I would expect from someone in her position. She should be well aware of what is acceptable for her position from a societal perspective. If she is not, it displays a lack of social skills and good judgement. Both are necessary for law, I would not trust her now and that is professional death.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
There's a certain level of professionalism that I would expect from someone in her position. She should be well aware of what is acceptable for her position from a societal perspective. If she is not, it displays a lack of social skills and good judgement. Both are necessary for law, I would not trust her now and that is professional death.

I'd extend the lack of professionalism to the firm as well, at least the perception would extend to them. People seek out professionals in to assist them with major issues in their lives, be they lawyers or accountants or doctors. The amount of trust that a client needs to be able to place in the professional and the firm, means that their level of professionalism must be beyond reproach.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
But... but... some of the best comedians have been Jewish. Somebody should tell her. Where would we be without Jewish comedians? My gawd, life would be dull.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
But... but... some of the best comedians have been Jewish. Somebody should tell her. Where would we be without Jewish comedians? My gawd, life would be dull.

And they also wrote a number of hit Christmas music.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Rather uncanny to know that we have " fourty guests' currently watching this thread....

Hope they aren't easily bored.
sing up & com'on in , folks. We don't bite & the waters' fine....

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Hmmm...I lost 5 minutes of my life reading that article- only to conclude that a 32 year old mom having a bad day was harassed out of her office, dragged before a tribunal, etc. - for a brief remark.

Hardly Osward Mosley..

One Britrish small city to give a WIDE berth to on my travels...