Jurors Reach Verdict in Jodi Arias Trial in Ariz.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

PHOENIX (AP) — Jurors reached a verdict Wednesday in the trial of Jodi Arias, who is accused of murdering her one-time boyfriend in Arizona.

Arias is charged with first-degree murder in the June 2008 death of Travis Alexander, a motivational speaker and salesman, at his suburban Phoenix home. Authorities said she planned the attack in a jealous rage after being rejected by the victim while he pursued other women.

Arias initially denied involvement and later blamed the killing on masked intruders. Two years after her arrest, she said she killed Alexander in self-defense.

Jurors got the case Friday afternoon. They reached a decision late Wednesday morning. It was scheduled to be announced at 1:30 p.m.

Testimony in the trial began in early January, with Arias later spending 18 days on the witness stand. The trial quickly snowballed into a made-for-the-tabloids drama, garnering daily coverage from cable news networks, and spawning a virtual cottage industry for talk shows, legal experts and even Arias, who used her notoriety to sell artwork she made in jail.

Alexander suffered nearly 30 knife wounds, was shot in the forehead and had his throat slit before Arias dragged his body into his shower. He was found by friends about five days later.

Arias said she recalled Alexander attacking her in a fury after a day of sex. She said Alexander came at her "like a linebacker," body-slamming her to the tile floor. She managed to wriggle free and ran into his closet to retrieve a gun he kept on a shelf. She said she fired in self-defense but had no memory of stabbing him.

Arias acknowledged trying to clean the scene of the killing, dumping the gun in the desert and working on an alibi to avoid suspicion. She said she was too scared and ashamed to tell the truth.

As deliberations drag on, dozens of people gather daily on the courthouse steps waiting for a verdict.

If Arias is convicted of first-degree murder, she faces either life in prison or a death sentence. Jurors also have the option of convicting Arias of second-degree murder if they believe she didn't premeditate the killing but still intentionally caused Alexander's death. If convicted of that charge, she could be sentenced to 10 to 22 years in prison.

Manslaughter is an option if the panel believes Arias didn't plan the killing in advance and the attack occurred in the heat of passion after "adequate" provocation from Alexander. A conviction on this charge carries a sentence of seven to 21 years in prison.

If they believe she killed Alexander in self-defense, Arias would be acquitted and would walk out jail after being incarcerated for more than four years.

source: Jurors reach verdict in Jodi Arias trial in Ariz.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The verdict within the hour. stay tuned.

Makes you think twice about screwing around on your wife or girl friend.. a women's scorn.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Really, they could wait until there was an actual verdict handed down?

Then where is the news??

Stay tuned we have more commercials to show you. :eek:

==================================

1st degree murder >>> Guilty <<<

==================================

Next phase.. death penalty deliberation - will she get the death penalty.. should she.??

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
she forgot stabbing him multiple times...lol... yeah okay... a gun is a cold murder a knife is personal

and speaking of "over-kill" wow

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hear she is now on suicide watch. She just said on tv she would prefer the death penalty rather than a life of incarceration. I get that.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Hear she is now on suicide watch. She just said on tv she would prefer the death penalty rather than a life of incarceration. I get that.

In Canada life would only be around 5 years, less if she expressed remorse. In the US life usually means just that.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
In Canada life would only be around 5 years, less if she expressed remorse. In the US life usually means just that.

Doubt it. You have to serve 20-25 years before being eligible for parole if convicted of first or second degree murder. Even then its unlikely that a first degree murderer would get parole. There's no way PauL Bernardo will ever get out, same with Robert Pickton. If convicted of manslaughter then five years is possible.

Same. If I was facing life in prison I think Id probably go with suicide. I always found it odd that they put people like her or even death row inmates on suicide watch. "Hey! Don kill yourself! We want to do it!" They'd speed things up quite a bit and save a lot of money for everyone if they chose to commit suicide.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well this is good news. Finally a jury that sees through all the bs. I followed the trial for a bit. At one point the defense actually put up a photo of the victim - Travis Alexander - in the shower shortly before his horrendous death...........they enlarged it to the point where one of Travis' eyes was the size of a dinner plate........and in those eyes, the defense proposed was the silhouette of someone besides the defendant. No one other than them seemed to see much of anything. I think the hero of the hour - the prosecutor Jaun Martinez - said he thought he could see a dog in there. There was much more but the lies this, this creature told all along the way, including ones to the jury.......and the mound of circumstantial evidence against her made this close to a slam dunk.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Of course she is going to say she would rather death than life in prison.. The psychopath is playing it up to the public, trying to sway the jury to giving her life, and not execution.. she is fighting for her life.

Just execute the B!tch!! Cold blooded psychopath will cost the state millions.. just put her down.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Of course she is going to say she would rather death than life in prison.. The psychopath is playing it up to the public, trying to sway the jury to giving her life, and not execution.. she is fighting for her life.

Just execute the B!tch!! Cold blooded psychopath will cost the state millions.. just put her down.

that is one theory yes. As for money she has already cost the tax payers 1.7 million for her defense alone. It costs more to execute an individual than to lock them away for the rest of their life. I say, let her live.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
I don't feel sorry for her, I believe she is a psychopath and needs to be locked up for her natural life if Arizona doesn't kill her.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
It's a damn shame that they can't just remove one part of her body, without anesthesia, let her heal, and then remove the next. Start with her nose, then one breast, then her toes, etc.

Let her feel some of the pain she inflicted.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
It's a damn shame that they can't just remove one part of her body, without anesthesia, let her heal, and then remove the next. Start with her nose, then one breast, then her toes, etc.

Let her feel some of the pain she inflicted."""quote:
-----------------------------------------

Holy sadist, Batmedic. !!!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Let her feel some of the pain she inflicted.

8O You've been watching to much Hannibal Lecter.

Arizona uses lethal injection a one-drug protocol (pentobarbital). Kills ya dead. RAID!!

Last edited: