Biased Ads From BC Liquor Board

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Here we see a minor, sitting around doing nothing. However like these BC Liquor Store in-store ads, whites are cast in a negative light. Minorities and whites are happy together, very positive.

Non-whites are not cast as negative. The blonde girl is passed out; and the white boy is an illegal minor, idling and looking for a drink, while a white man sits in a jail cell.

African, Asians nor Aboriginals seem to be in the negative ads. Yet in a multicultural society they ought to be treated equally when presented in the media, good and bad.

It seems they put these ads back on their web page. I could not find them a few months back.

In-Store Campaigns | BC Liquor Stores

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The kid sitting on the pavement is white?

Looks like he could be native to me. Or Asian. Could even be Indian.

And the white people are skiing, kayaking, graduating, having fun with friends. One woman passed out on a table, no face showing. One white guy sitting in a jail. One multi-racial representing kid on a sidewalk.

Really, this is what you get bent out of shape over? That's reaching.

Why don't you go back to complaining about their lack of cold beer? At least that I can understand as an issue.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Here we see a minor, sitting around doing nothing. However like these BC Liquor Store in-store ads, whites are cast in a negative light. Minorities and whites are happy together, very positive.

Non-whites are not cast as negative. The blonde girl is passed out; and the white boy is an illegal minor, idling and looking for a drink, while a white man sits in a jail cell.

African, Asians nor Aboriginals seem to be in the negative ads. Yet in a multicultural society they ought to be treated equally when presented in the media, good and bad.

It seems they put these ads back on their web page. I could not find them a few months back.

In-Store Campaigns | BC Liquor Stores
WTF are you gibbering about? I counted 3 blacks, an asian, and a possible middle-eastern person in those pics. Typical Dumpy post; letting bigoted opinion guide it rather than reason and objectivity.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
The Bc Liquor board needs to make an ad with someone who is clearly of African/Asian/Aboriginal background in one of their ads doing something negative. In jail, underage drinking etc. Don't hold your breath, because that's not happy talk.

Last edited: