Massive attack on Syria happening right now

Timetrvlr

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2005
BC interior
It strikes me that Israel attacking Syrian military stockpiles and military research facilities is a win-win for everyone but the Syrian government. It's protecting Israel from a transfer of Syrian military supplies to Hezbollah, it inadvertently helps the Syrian population and the rebels. All the parties involved already hate Israel so Western powers aren't risking more bad publicity by taking sides in essentially a civil war between two religious factions.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It strikes me that Israel attacking Syrian military stockpiles and military research facilities is a win-win for everyone but the Syrian government. It's protecting Israel from a transfer of Syrian military supplies to Hezbollah, it inadvertently helps the Syrian population and the rebels. All the parties involved already hate Israel so Western powers aren't risking more bad publicity by taking sides in essentially a civil war between two religious factions.

Yep.

My guess is the attack on a "military research facility" is an Israeli attempt to destroy chemical weapons before they either get handed off to Hezbollah, or wind up in the hands of al Queda rebel factions.

Just a guess.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yep.

My guess is the attack on a "military research facility" is an Israeli attempt to destroy chemical weapons before they either get handed off to Hezbollah, or wind up in the hands of al Queda rebel factions.

Just a guess.

Ya, it's really messed up down there. Just getting worst all the time.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is that like giving them the clap? Who is financing the rebels? Are they mercenaries like in Libya? Are they good Al Qiada?
Hebrews helping Good al Qaeda to get rid of any Christian presence remaing in Syria. Then, soon after they'll finish off the ones they missed in Lebanon.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yep.

Just a guess.
Former Bush administration official: Israel may be behind use of chemical arms in Syria

Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, says Israel may have conducted 'false flag' operation. Describes its government as inept and Netanyahu as 'clueless.'

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Syria Traffic Goes "Dark" As Country Disappears From Internet

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/07/2013 17:05 -0400

While there have been no new military attacks on Syria since Sunday morning, something more peculiar happened in the past few hours, when according to Akamai and various other Internet traffic trackers, Syria has literally gone "dark", or, as Umbrella Security Labs describes it, as if "Syria has largely disappeared from the Internet."

Some more from Umbrella's blog:
At around 18:45 UTC OpenDNS resolvers saw a significant drop in traffic from Syria. On closer inspection it seems Syria has largely disappeared from the Internet.

The graph below shows DNS traffic from and to Syria. Although Twitter remains Syria Traffic Goes "Dark" As Country Disappears From Internet | Zero Hedge