Struggle to find grave site stymies Boston bombing suspect's burial

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
BOSTON (Reuters) - A Massachusetts funeral home owner said he is struggling to find a graveyard willing to accept the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, killed in a shootout with police four days after an attack that left three dead and 264 injured.
Peter Stefan, owner of the funeral home in Worcester, Massachusetts, said he would turn to government officials for help if he cannot find a resting place for Tsarnaev soon.

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Perhaps he could emulate the style demonstrated by Osama (swims with the fishes) bin Laden

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Odd. Even executed criminals dont have much trouble when it comes to getting a spot in a graveyard.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Odd. Even executed criminals dont have much trouble when it comes to getting a spot in a graveyard.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/u...in-a-punitive-system.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Walking along the hill beneath the pine trees, stepping between the rows of hundreds of identical white crosses and tablet headstones, you think of Arlington National Cemetery. But if Arlington is for heroes, the Byrd cemetery is for villains.

The concrete cross marking the grave of Duane Howk lists his name, inmate number and date of death in June 2010 but says nothing of the offense for which he was serving a life sentence, aggravated sexual assault of a child. The serial killer Kenneth Allen McDuff, executed in 1998 for strangling a 22-year-old pregnant mother of two with a rope, had gained notoriety for being the only inmate in United States history who was freed from death row and returned years later after killing again, but he lies beneath a nameless cross reading 999055.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Out of compassion for the family, someone has to step up and take him.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
BOSTON (Reuters) - A Massachusetts funeral home owner said he is struggling to find a graveyard willing to accept the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, killed in a shootout with police four days after an attack that left three dead and 264 injured.
Peter Stefan, owner of the funeral home in Worcester, Massachusetts, said he would turn to government officials for help if he cannot find a resting place for Tsarnaev soon.

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

There must be a pig farm somewhere where they can bury this scumbag. Preferably so that his remains are shat upon daily.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/u...in-a-punitive-system.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Walking along the hill beneath the pine trees, stepping between the rows of hundreds of identical white crosses and tablet headstones, you think of Arlington National Cemetery. But if Arlington is for heroes, the Byrd cemetery is for villains.

The concrete cross marking the grave of Duane Howk lists his name, inmate number and date of death in June 2010 but says nothing of the offense for which he was serving a life sentence, aggravated sexual assault of a child. The serial killer Kenneth Allen McDuff, executed in 1998 for strangling a 22-year-old pregnant mother of two with a rope, had gained notoriety for being the only inmate in United States history who was freed from death row and returned years later after killing again, but he lies beneath a nameless cross reading 999055.

Its still a grave, with or without names and dates. From what I've read no state down there will stop families of executed criminals from claiming the body and doing with it what they will. A fair number of them have been buried in public cemeteries around the country.

Exactement!!!

Oh come on, the guy is dead. Doing that does nothing to harm him but it will piss off others who are alive.

So - as stated above even executed criminals get a decent burial along the lines of whatever religion they subscribed to.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
He has several living relatives, including his parents and an uncle. And a wife.
Yes but no one wants the body buried at their their cemetary and from the reaction here I see why which is disappointing.

But understandable I guess.

He's dead, it's just a hole. I'll bury him on the farm with all the others, no problem.
so you've gone from he was likely extremely mentally ill and easily influenced to; screw the family and their customs bury him at your place.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This is just ridiculous. Another reason for a headline, nothing more. As has been pointed out, even the worst of the worst serial killers, many of whom have a much higher body count, have no trouble being buried.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This is just ridiculous. Another reason for a headline, nothing more. As has been pointed out, even the worst of the worst serial killers, many of whom have a much higher body count, have no trouble being buried.
well except unfortunately it isn't just a headline...they have no where to bury his body and I think that is shameful. Although I understand the emotion because were it my cemetery I would be afraid all the whack jobs would destroy it in their emotional zeal to display just how angry they are that he did it.

And you are right, others have killed more and been buried without this reaction.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What about a Muslim cemetary? Are they turning him down too?

I'd immagine many Christian cemetaries would be eager to give him his last Christian rights in a last-ditch attempt to save his soul.

C'mon, where's the marketing department when you need it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
What about a Muslim cemetary? Are they turning him down too?

I'd immagine many Christian cemetaries would be eager to give him his last Christian rights in a last-ditch attempt to save his soul.

C'mon, where's the marketing department when you need it.
this Stephan guy from the funeral home has the right attitude and stepped up when needed:
Stefan said Tsarnaev's family was put in touch with him because he has handled other Muslim funerals and is known in the community.
He declined to identify the graveyard officials he has spoken with thus far, saying he hopes to change their minds.
He compared his efforts on behalf of Tsarnaev to the doctors who treated him and the lawyers preparing to defend the ethnic Chechen's younger brother, Dzhokhar, who was wounded in the April 19 shootout and is being held in a nearby prison facility.
Stefan said he hopes to find a burial site soon.
"This is a situation that has to be dealt with. It has gone on way too long," Stefan said.
why would the family want to bury him in a Christian graveside? They value their belief as strongly as you value yours.