Oh, (baby) boy: North Carolina teen mom’s photo banned from yearbook

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Caitlin Tiller's senior photo has been banned from her high school yearbook.
The hardworking teenager graduated early in December and now works 30 hours a week while taking college classes. Her photo won't be in Wheatmore High School's 2012-2013 yearbook, however, because it includes her greatest motivation: her 1-year-old son, Leelin.
"I wouldn't be the person I am today with out him," 17-year-old Tiller tells CNN.
Last summer, each senior student posed for yearbook photos with a prop of their choosing that represents them. While some students posed with sports equipment, pets or musical instruments, Tiller held her infant son in her arms.

Yahoo!

~8O~

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
But if she had an abortion and said nothing all would be OK- Sanctimonious scumsuckers.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Strange rule. Ignoring and covering up teen pregnancies isnt really working for anyone. Also its almost guaranteed that most if not all in that graduating class will know she is a mother, so why not let her show it?

My sister had a kid at the same age and it wound up being a very good thing. My father was naturally pissed, even more so when I told him I thought it'd be good for her. If having a kid didnt straighten her out nothing would. I was proven right. She went back to school and finished it, quit drugs and is currently in college. Clearly the woman in this article is a good mother and has benefitted from the experience. It makes absolutely no sense to cover it up.