"I said I'm not a man, I'm transgender."

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via bcf

I said you're a terribly confused man hoping to cash in on the HRC gravy train.

http://www.blazingcatfur.blogspot.ca/2013/05/i-said-im-not-man-im-transgender.html

A Saskatoon woman who identifies herself as transgender says a bridal shop in the city refused to let her try on dresses as she planned her wedding.
Rohit Singh says she was looking at outfits in Jenny's Bridal Boutique but when she asked to try one on, she was refused.

more

Bridal shop refuses to let transgender shopper try on gowns - Saskatchewan - CBC News

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
'hoping to cash in on the gravy train'.

There are times where I agree, people look for problems. But seriously, it was her wedding, she got a dress elsewhere and got married. It's not like she tried to try on dresses all over town just for hoots and giggles, and is suing everywhere that wouldn't let her.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I know a kid that is going through this right now. The "gravy train" is the least of his concerns given the **** and abuse he has to go through from some ignorant people.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well, and isn't this precisely what the HRC is for? Stopping the 'we don't put up with your kind here' type of behaviour?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Well, and isn't this precisely what the HRC is for? Stopping the 'we don't put up with your kind here' type of behaviour?

Generally speaking, people know so very little about this and these people need protection .Unlike the comment in the OP, the guy is not "confused". Doctors would not start the process of a change in sex if somebody was just "confused".

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I know a kid that is going through this right now. The "gravy train" is the least of his concerns given the **** and abuse he has to go through from some ignorant people.

Get him to a psychiatrist.

Anybody that bullies anyone because of their mental aberrations is scum.

But make no mistake, it IS a mental problem.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I am shocked that they did not allow her/him to try on dresses in this day and age. I was in retail for years before sensitivity training was even thought about and there is always a way to make everyone feel okay it just needs to be handled with a little finesse .

It is way more common than many would think.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Odds are, anyone who IS TG is already getting psychological help, as transitioning and dealing with the repercussions of it in their lives is mentally straining and emotionally damaging depending on your situations. Just because someone "can't believe" that someone can be in the wrong body, doesn't mean it can't happen. You're not going through what they are; being TG is in a lot of ways worse than being gay, bi, gender queer or anything else.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
"I said I'm not a man, I'm transgender."

Anyone else having flashbacks to that Family Guy episode when they
read the title to this Thread?

"I have to admit that I'm not a man, but a woman! Actually, I'm
not a woman, but a horse! Actually, I'm not a horse, but a broom!"
Etc....

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I followed the link provided and found nothing that I could really base an opinion on other than the picture provided looks like a young woman. If that is the individual and if this individual appeared in a bridal shop looking this way I don't see why anyone would get their back up and ask the person to leave. However, I have seen people who claim to be transgender and really just look like creepy men who like to wear womens clothing. While this might seem perfectly okay, I could understand someone feeling very uncomfortable. Without more information its hard to sit in judgment one way or the other.

Edited to add: I watched the video on CBC News. I'm still not sure where to come down on this one.

Last edited: