Cheaper Pizza For Canadians On The Horizon

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
As long as the animals in Botswana are treated by vets, aren't abused and fed the same grain/protein/oilseed feed as ones locally, it makes no difference to my mozza.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If you mean cheaper "raw" food, such as milk, cheese, chicken, etc. then I agree!

I was being sarcastic about the article and its scope.
Yes, cheaper raw food would be nice, but, it wasn't really discussed in the article.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This is plenty of baked puke on flatbread out there, I'll agree to that but there are strongholds of proper pizza here and there.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
I was being sarcastic about the article and its scope.
Yes, cheaper raw food would be nice, but, it wasn't really discussed in the article.

I was using the cheaper cheese item as a springboard toward cheaper dairy and poultry.

It's not possible to get good pizza in Canada.

I've had pizzas in Rome. They were delicious in their own right. But I've had plenty of great pizzas in Canada.

There are lots of different styles of pizza in Canada. Find one you like and stick to it. If you can't find one, you're not looking hard enough.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I love Canada, but I've had pizza from Vancouver to Halifax. You guys don't know what good pizza is.

Which Canadians? Which pizza do you like?

Because Tony's is run by, and serves, Sicilian hand tossed thin crust pizza like you'd get in Italy. If you're after a deep dish pizza, yeah, you'd be sorely disappointed.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I do love some melty mozzarella cheese, so woo hoo!

And there is excellent pizza in Canada, if you stay away from the chains that is.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
He's obviously never had pie in Regina.

Neither have I!

What I have found though is that there is a pizza out there for everyone. Canada is rife with diversity.

And if you're not a pizza fan persay, then hit the Lebanese pita shops. They've got some interesting concoctions.

I do love some melty mozzarella cheese, so woo hoo!

And there is excellent pizza in Canada, if you stay away from the chains that is.

very, very few people venture past the chains.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
very, very few people venture past the chains.

Sad for them, but that means I can always get a table then. ;)

Actually I'm always looking for the small, little 'gems' that pop up here and there, whether pizza or other type of fare. I know we have some amazing Italian restaurants, not chains, but just long time family owned restaurants here in London. A few Greek and Portugeuse ones too.

Dammit now I'm getting hungry, lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Famoso- small chain- good pizza.

If you like Famoso, hit Tony's Pizzeria. And if you have young kids in your life, take them with you, there's a platform where they can stand and watch the men toss the crusts.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Famoso- small chain- good pizza.

Not a pizza chain, but Sammy's Souvlaki is, I think, based in London with small "franchise" (they may even be extended family that own them) locations throughout the city and a few outside (beach areas I think). Amazingly good souvlaki and, hands down, the absolutely best poutine I've ever had in my life.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Sad for them, but that means I can always get a table then. ;)

Actually I'm always looking for the small, little 'gems' that pop up here and there, whether pizza or other type of fare. I know we have some amazing Italian restaurants, not chains, but just long time family owned restaurants here in London. A few Greek and Portugeuse ones too.

Dammit now I'm getting hungry, lol.

AB has the highest rate of chain start ups in the country. Then you get the packaged crap- I like seeing a pizza I ordered made where I can see it.
And I like home made pizza- I use 2 old cast iron skillets for deep dish pizza- 3 or 4 different cheeses- all fresh veg and such. And a beer.

If you like Famoso, hit Tony's Pizzeria. And if you have young kids in your life, take them with you, there's a platform where they can stand and watch the men toss the crusts.

Where is Tony's??