An exercise in irony............Hungarian style...............

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
His grandmother was a survivor at Auschwitz and this is how he leads his life, bemoaning how the "Jews" are ruining everything?

Wow. And people say that our offspring are belligerent and disrespectful.8O

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oy Vey a'ready! Reminds me of the white supremest whose child came out black and testing showed the DNA came from his father's side of the family.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Timely topic as I just finished watching the movie 'Sunshine' on Vision TV. Great historical movie.

Sunshine is a 1999 historical film written by Israel Horovitz and István Szabó, directed and produced by István Szabó. It follows three generations of a Jewish family (originally called Sonnenschein, a name that literally means "sunshine" in German, but later changed to Sors, meaning "fate" in Hungarian) during the changes in Hungary from the beginning of the 20th century to the period after the 1956 Hungarian Revolution. The central male protagonist of all three generations is portrayed by Ralph Fiennes. The film also stars the real-life mother and daughter team of Rosemary Harris and Jennifer Ehle as well as Rachel Weisz and John Neville.

Although fictional, the film weaves events drawn from several real sources into the story. The Sunshine family's liquor business was based on the Zwack family's liquor brand Unicum. One of Fiennes's three roles is based at least partly on Hungarian Olympian Attila Petschauer, but also includes allusions to the early life of Miksa Fenyő and other famous Hungarians of Jewish origin who suffered from anti-Semitism and the persecution of Jews in World War II Hungary.[citation needed] Another role in the film which is similar to that of a historic person is the character Andor Knorr played by William Hurt which closely resembles the latter part of the life of László Rajk.

The film was an international co-production among companies from Germany, Austria, Hungary and Canada. It won the Genie Award for Best Canadian Film.

Sunshine (1999 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:lol:................Karma................

Imagine being him.

His neo Nazi buddies won't talk to him, and neither will anyone else.

He should move and join a synagogue.

I just typed Nazi with a lower case n and it came out N...................

WTF ?

I type ou and it comes out o....................

American grammar.

Ah well....................:roll:.

Which reminds me of a joke:

Guy goes to his doc.

Says doc gotta problem

do tell, says doc

I eat pizza, it comes out pizza
I eat steak it comes out steak
bla bla bla
What shall I do, doc?

Eat sh it...............oh that's bad.

nite all.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I remember when this came out last year. Funny thing is the guy looks Jewish! There can be no mistake about it. How could he not know???

Of course, he's not alone as former neo-Nazi Frank Collin (née Cohen) in Chicago and a few others over the years have also been exposed for what they were. I always find that funny.

God punishes!
What does a Jew look like?.......Do you always make racist generalizations like that?
What does a Christian look like??

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
some of us look like perceived stereotypes... I had an old woman come up to me in the grocery store and say, you are European aren't you? How did you know I asked? Well the way you dress, and carry yourself and your blonde hair... wow I replied.

I am not European.

In my last apartment building the new tenants down the hall would not accept that I was not Polish...they continued to speak to me in Polish... sometimes I could figure out what they were talking about in a general way...the rest of the time I just smiled a lot.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
What does a Jew look like?.......Do you always make racist generalizations like that?
What does a Christian look like??

Racist my azz. You've obviously missed my earlier posts on the subject or are just too wacko to perceive what I've written in the past. Most of my ancestors were Sefardic Jews (the rest Native American) and I grew up surrounded by Jews in Brooklyn, NY which is the Jewish capitol of the world. Nobody in Brooklyn would mistake him for anything other than a Jew.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Perhaps, Like Senator Billboard Hawkins in Finnian's Rainbow, a kindly Hungarian Leperchaun will now take pity on him & lessen his plight, allowing him to become the baritone in a Klezmer group....