Paul Martin calls a spade a spade on residential schools.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I don't mind calling a spade a spade either, so perhaps our former prime tax evader would like to cover a large chunk of this education out of pocket, for registering his steamship lines offshore all these years to evade taxes?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Martin on residential schools - The National - CBC Player

I'm surprised this even made the news. It's been acknowledged to ahve been attempted cultural genocide long ago by the strictest definition of the word. Why would people react so negatively to the G-word if that is what it was?
Um, I wonder why is it that Martin didn't change much in aboriginal education when he had the chance. Hell's bells, he didn't even offer aboriginals a formal and official apology for the mess that was the residential schools. That was the dude next in line for PM that did that. Typical bombastic rhetoric from aPAULing Martin.
Funny stuff.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why do we have the cocksucker behind mandatory residential schools, Ukrainian internment and a long list of other "gene" crimes on the $100 bill?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Why do we have the cocksucker behind mandatory residential schools, Ukrainian internment and a long list of other "gene" crimes on the $100 bill?

Robert Borden wasn't it? ....... and he was a Conservative MP wasn't he?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Robert Borden wasn't it? ....... and he was a Conservative MP wasn't he?
Absolutely. He was into the same gene sh*t Hitler was into. It was a very big movement back in the day.

Red cock, blue cock, he still sucks cock!

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I think Martin has gone over the edge when he called this a genocide.
What was done to the native kids was bad,,, but a genocide??? C'mon Paul, get it together...eh !!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
He said "cultural genocide" and was quite accurate there. There was a definite and strong attempt at squelching any culture that aboriginals had.
They weren't alone in fighting for their culture. Canada's past is disgusting and in many ways nothing has changed.