Mississippi School Forces Students To Listen To Christian Lecture, Teachers Block Exi

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Religious freedom is being killed in Mississippi. It has been for a few years now. And Christian fundamentalism is the murderer.
Mississippi is ground zero for religious anti-abortion fanatics. They’ve literally nearly outlawed abortion in the state in an effort to strip women of their reproductive rights. Mississippi is also the state where Republicans passed a law forcing public schools to give students an open forum to push their religious views onto others, something that mostly favors Christian students. And now, Mississippi is home to a school that has attacked religious liberty in the worst way.

Mississippi School Forces Students To Listen To Christian Lecture, Teachers Block Exits | Addicting Info

wow, this is an interesting approach...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
k... seemed kind of extreme to me but well ya know...I just a woman
Well, as long as you wear a below-the-knees skirt, high-collared blouse with sleeves, and a hat, and obey the Biblical injunction to be submissive to your husband, we'll accept you.

But we don't want none a them damn Moos-lums, coz they're sexist and weird.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well, as long as you wear a below-the-knees skirt, high-collared blouse with sleeves, and a hat, and obey the Biblical injunction to be submissive to your husband, we'll accept you.

But we don't want none a them damn Moos-lums, coz they're sexist and weird.
I'm gutted... I guess I will have to go... skirts are just too chilly, even long ones. And I am submissive as long as he is asking me to do things I want to do, I can be highly cooperative ya know...I can.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm gutted... I guess I will have to go... skirts are just too chilly, even long ones. And I am submissive as long as he is asking me to do things I want to do, I can be highly cooperative ya know...I can.
Well then, you and your nancy-boy husband kin jist stay th' hell outta Miss'ssippi, li'l lady! We don't need your kind here. Y'all just keep your Communist ideas and full sets of teeth up there in the Peoples Atheist Communist Republic of Canadastan!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well then, you and your nancy-boy husband kin jist stay th' hell outta Miss'ssippi, li'l lady! We don't need your kind here. Y'all just keep your Communist ideas and full sets of teeth up there in the Peoples Atheist Communist Republic of Canadastan!
nancy boy....omg, haven't heard that one for years...lol...soooooooooo k we were just checking my passport and oops, seems I forgot to renew it... gotta find time to stand in line for a couple of hours so it will be a while until I can cross the border... :(

I will try to keep all of my teeth until we get there and I will keep nancy-boy in line and I will avoid Ms sipi

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Ha!! I know that one! That's the old "let him think that he's in charge and calling the shots by appearing to be kind, gentle and submissive when really you're the one pulling the strings"!!! I'd recognize that one anywhere. ;)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Ha!! I know that one! That's the old "let him think that he's in charge and calling the shots by appearing to be kind, gentle and submissive when really you're the one pulling the strings"!!! I'd recognize that one anywhere. ;)
lol, best one I have found yet... ;)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
They have the worst school system and the highest poverty rate in the US. Clearly this stuff isnt working for them. Maybe they've dumbed themselves down so far that they just cant tell anymore.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
They have the worst school system and the highest poverty rate in the US. Clearly this stuff isnt working for them. Maybe they've dumbed themselves down so far that they just cant tell anymore.
I think that can happen; we become entrenched and do not know how to escape

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Isn't Jesus Camp held in Mississippi? Preparing their children to take on Satan on all fronts... Yup! Yup! Jesus is my seeing eye dog.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Religious freedom is being killed in Mississippi. It has been for a few years now. And Christian fundamentalism is the murderer.
Mississippi is ground zero for religious anti-abortion fanatics. They’ve literally nearly outlawed abortion in the state in an effort to strip women of their reproductive rights. Mississippi is also the state where Republicans passed a law forcing public schools to give students an open forum to push their religious views onto others, something that mostly favors Christian students. And now, Mississippi is home to a school that has attacked religious liberty in the worst way.

Mississippi School Forces Students To Listen To Christian Lecture, Teachers Block Exits | Addicting Info

wow, this is an interesting approach...

Without following your link I am already questioning your post. Let's break it down shall we.

Sal's Post:
Mississippi is ground zero for religious anti-abortion fanatics. They’ve literally nearly outlawed abortion in the state in an effort to strip women of their reproductive rights.

First of all, how do you literally nearly outlaw abortion?

Would it be this?
Titled:Mississippi law will regulate abortion-inducing drugs
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has signed a bill that regulates the prescription and use of abortion-inducing drugs.He signed Senate Bill 2795 on Thursday, and it will becomes law July 1.
It says a physician must be present when a woman takes drugs prescribed to end a pregnancy in its early weeks. It also says the woman must have a follow-up physical examination two weeks later.
The current practice at Mississippi's only abortion clinic is for each woman to have a sonogram to determine how far along the pregnancy is. Those who take the prescription are given some of the medication at the clinic and the rest to take at home on subsequent days. The clinic advises women to have a follow-up exam three weeks later.
Because this looks to me like the nearly possibly can get an abortion.

More of Sal's Post: Mississippi is also the state where Republicans passed a law forcing public schools to give students an open forum to push their religious views onto others, something that mostly favors Christian students. And now, Mississippi is home to a school that has attacked religious liberty in the worst way.

Okay the breakdown. Open Forum. You can choose whether or not to accept the views expressed in this open forum or not. Or can accept the view of another religion known as THE AMERICAN HUMANIST SOCIETY WHOSE MOTTO IS: GOOD WITHOUT GOD.
Who, by the way is the one filing a lawsuit and freaking out. Because their view trumps those of the religious.

This sounds like more anti christian rattle trap from zealot atheist activism.

Edited to add: I followed your link, solidifying my conclusion.