Arrest made in violent TD Bank heist

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
TORONTO - Toronto Police have arrested a man in connection with Sunday’s armed robbery of a west-end TD bank.

Two men, one of whom was armed with a handgun, entered the bank on St. Clair at Jane and ordered customers to get on the ground. They then demanded money from the bank employees.

A male customer confronted one of the thugs and was shot at by the other, missing him and striking a female teller in the left thigh.

The bandits fled with a quantity of cash and were once again confronted by the male customer outside. The gun-toting bandit shot at him, striking him in the upper left abdomen. They left the scene in a stolen Honda Civic that was later recovered.

more about these gentlemen:

Arrest made in violent TD Bank heist | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
let's not cover our faces, no one will ever be able to identify us anyway

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I think that it's more important to understand why they did this and if they have ever felt excluded.

They're victims too, you know

You bleeding heart you!

Lol.

let's not cover our faces, no one will ever be able to identify us anyway

"They put cameras in the banks now? When did they start doing that?"

:D

Actually, given that the hold up happened on a Sunday, I can't wait to see the new TD 'Statler and Waldorf' commercial about it, lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I think that it's more important to understand why they did this and if they have ever felt excluded.

They're victims too, you know

Oh, be careful. Even talking about preventing crimes is twisted into 'coddling criminals' by some, you don't want to end up falsely branded by people who can't comprehend basics. ;)

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Who knew banks were open Sundays.

But more to the point is, if a bank is being robbed and you are there, don't intervene. It's not your money, it's the banks and they are well covered for any loses. And besides injury to yourself, others could get hurt as in this case.

Just think, if this 'good citizen' hadn't of intervened, likely no one would have gotten shot and they still would have been caught.

I wonder if the TD is going to cover the helpful shmuck who got hurt since he won't be going to work for a long time.

. The customer is recovering in hospital and underwent surgery to remove his spleen, part of his pancreas and part of a kidney.

Earl advises those facing a similar situation to avoid intervening and cooperate.

Man arrested in west-end TD Bank robbery | 680News