Modelling agency recruits women at Swedish eating disorder clinic

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Blech. Although most of my girlfriends have been on the petite side, at least they had something besides a thin layer of skin to grab onto.

'Repugnant' talent scouts target anorexic girls at Swedish eating disorder clinics | Mail Online
Modelling agencies have been trying to recruit new talent outside Sweden's biggest eating disorders clinic, its doctors claim.

Dr Anna-Maria af Sandeberg said talent scouts were targeting her clinic, in Stockholm, because they know the girls there are 'very thin.'

She described the activity as 'repugnant' and said it sends the 'wrong signals when the girls are being treated for eating disorders.'

One of the patients approached was so ill she was in a wheelchair, Ms Sandeberg told Sweden's Metro newspaper.

Slimy, but not really surprising.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
SLM yes sick and twisted but the world of profit does not allow for judgement
it allows only the element of exploitation and that is even worse

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's a despicable practice. But, in writing about it, the article did also take harsh aim at 'size zero'. It's a shame that we don't focus on health, we focus on size, and you'd better be within the acceptable range. Having known at least two size zero people in my life, who were perfectly healthy, I find it kind of sad that they are then stigmatized too.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It's a despicable practice. But, in writing about it, the article did also take harsh aim at 'size zero'. It's a shame that we don't focus on health, we focus on size, and you'd better be within the acceptable range. Having known at least two size zero people in my life, who were perfectly healthy, I find it kind of sad that they are then stigmatized too.
I agree, I also note people have no problem saying others are too thin and that turns them off but saying too fat is no longer PC.

How others look should not be a reason for judging whether or not you want to be with them. Reality is we love someone for who they are, not their size. And healthy can be zero or 20.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It all started with Twiggy back in the late 60s. Never understood the appeal.

Everyone has their own physique they find appealing. Me personally, I don't find slim guys appealing on the shallow sexual surface. Because for me, the shallow sexual appeal side wants bigger men who make me feel smaller by comparison, and 'kept safe'. And when it comes to women, I like hips and thighs. But, that being said, I've never chosen someone based purely on that aspect of attraction.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I married my first wife for her size 2 dresses. What I didn't think about was that it was 2 points higher than her IQ. At 23 when I met her it wasn't a consideration but became a huge concern for the next 20 years. I learned the hard way it is more important to be compatible than be with a model.