UN calls Canada’s pullout from drought fighting convention ‘regrettable’

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
UN calls Canada’s pullout from drought fighting convention ‘regrettable’

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/un-calls-canadas-pullout-from-drought-fighting-convention-regrettable/article10551791

So much for Canada's role in the world stage.

This is just another indication on how bad Canada's economy is and a federal Conservative governments inability to run it properly.

I have to wonder what else the Conservative backbenchers want to say it just shows that they have a conscience that the PMO is successfully muzzling.

Our farmers are having drought issues on the farms and this federal government just are not interested in finding a solution.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Despite what they say this government is not interested in most of agriculture.
Being on the world stage is not just about drought its about being on the world
stage. It is better to be on the world stage and be looked up to than not being
on the world stage and being looked down on, its an international thing you
know,.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
This is just another indication on how bad Canada's economy is and a federal Conservative governments inability to run it properly.

I have to wonder what else the Conservative backbenchers want to say it just shows that they have a conscience that the PMO is successfully muzzling.

Our farmers are having drought issues on the farms and this federal government just are not interested in finding a solution.

What a load of crap.

Despite what they say this government is not interested in most of agriculture.
Being on the world stage is not just about drought its about being on the world
stage. It is better to be on the world stage and be looked up to than not being
on the world stage and being looked down on, its an international thing you
know,.
Another load of crap. Don't you guys ever flush.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
What a load of crap.

[/SIZE]

Another load of crap. Don't you guys ever flush.

Walter it was a real dumb move. Then they had Julian try to explain it. Remember him. Not to good at the splainin thing

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
How do you prevent a drought? All the anti C's seem to believe that 80% of the money going to waving their arms and 20% of it to possible solutions is good. Fly at it, for some of us it is humorous.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Thats a pretty standard, "for smaller government" conservative move.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Thats a pretty standard, "for smaller government" conservative move.

The great Reform plan was to decentralize the federal government so that provinces can break away from Canada more easily just proves that the federal Conservative government will try to keep that promise.

The big question is at what point does it become treason to break up a country?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The great Reform plan was to decentralize the federal government so that provinces can break away from Canada more easily just proves that the federal Conservative government will try to keep that promise.

They want provinces to have more power to represent there particular populations, views & needs
better then a centralized federal government.
To be honest it makes perfect sense to me to have provinces take bigger responsibility,
and shrink the federal down to as little as possible.

Quebec already has that. Why not the rest of Canada

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Smart move by the government. saving us the cost of one nore useless UN program the libtards forced on us.

When any province not called Quebec does it.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
You mean the Conservatives are trying to abide more by the separation of jurisdictions that your hero Trudeau negotiated and then immediately tried to undercut and infringe upon?

I don't know but the first place it should be asked is in Quebec, where the precedent was set when Trudeau and Levesques were both in office.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Why would Canada support a program (ESPECIALLY A UN ONE) if most of the funds didn't go towards what the program intended?? DUH! Makes sense to me!

JMHO

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Seems to me that the drought committee is just another wing of the global warming department that the UN has been perpetually embarrassed with.

Good on Harper for taking this position... The UN likes to try and strong-arm nations by using the court of public opinion; the problem for them is that Harper's answer is to start withdrawing financial support and starve the PR machine.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
How do you prevent a drought? All the anti C's seem to believe that 80% of the money going to waving their arms and 20% of it to possible solutions is good. Fly at it, for some of us it is humorous.

Fighting drought and preventing it aren't really the same thing. There are technologies to slow the spread of drought by reducing erosion and the resulting increase in evopration/transpiration. Can you not think of activities that make drought worse? Finally, are you actually going to believe something a politician says, just because they said it? That is daft. As daft as some of the OP assertions...

Quitting at a time when the costs and benefits are about to be presented seems premature. Personally I'd rather my government participate in measures like this than in an Office of Religious Freedoms. Drought impacts all Canadians...some more so than others. Three hundred and fifty thousand dollars, hell take away that pay raise the MPs just got and this and other initiaves are funded...

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
If being a member of a UN "feel good" committee has a price tag paid with taxpayer dollars, I'm all for withdrawal.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If being a member of a UN "feel good" committee has a price tag paid with taxpayer dollars, I'm all for withdrawal.
Withdrawal is not a reliable form of contraception. We are headed for a one world government, like it or not. The UN is an experiment in trying to work out workable models. As we can see in our own country, inclusion is superior to separation. The world is a shrinking place with only one race - human beings. We had better learn to get along or we will be left out in the cold. It would have been much better to stay and bring some sanity to the process than to just throw our hands up and give up. Canada does not live in isolation, cannot live in isolation. Time to learn how to get along with our brothers and sisters.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Everything the government does has a price tag paid for with tax payer dollars. That's a facile argument. Are you an anarchist?