Crashes south of Edmonton sends 300 people to hospital

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Crashes south of Edmonton sends 300 people to hospital
Crashes south of Edmonton sends 300 people to hospital - The Globe and Mail

More than 300 people have been injured following a multi-vehicle crashes in snowy conditions on Highway 2 south of Edmonton.

Alberta Health Services says four people have been seriously hurt and the others suffered minor to moderate injuries.

People are being transported to hospitals throughout the region by bus.

RCMP are redirecting traffic away from the collision scene.

Police are not recommending travel on Highway 2 because of the conditions of the road and poor visibility.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/03/21/edmonton-snow-poor-driving.html

Alberta Health Services confirms that 100 people were injured — one seriously — in a multi-vehicle pileup on Highway 2 south of Edmonton, near Leduc, that occurred during a spring snowstorm which caused havoc on area highways.

Earlier in the day it had been reported that 300 people were injured.

Those requiring medical treatment were being transported to hospitals in Edmonton, Red Deer, Leduc, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Devon, Wetaskiwin, Stony Plain, Lamont and Camrose.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I have been on that highway in the snow and most people are going like a bat out
of hell and all it takes is one to go out of control

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I have been on that highway in the snow and most people are going like a bat out
of hell and all it takes is one to go out of control

My son in law works on the new hotel at the Edmonton Airport. They were all sent home early due to the weather. Driving home on the Anthony Henday to St Albert trucks more so than cars litter the ditches. Some idiots passing him as you say like a bat out of hell. Guess they are in a hurry to die. They are pure dumfuks.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My biggest issue with the QE2, and as a country girl born and raised it really freaks me out, is that when all that traffic pours out of the city onto the highway, they stay spaced out like they're in the city going 50km/h. It makes me so panicky. And you can't get them to move off you. Go as slow as you want, someone will stick to you like glue.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My biggest issue with the QE2, and as a country girl born and raised it really freaks me out, is that when all that traffic pours out of the city onto the highway, they stay spaced out like they're in the city going 50km/h. It makes me so panicky. And you can't get them to move off you. Go as slow as you want, someone will stick to you like glue.
Damn tailgaters.......Wish I could put on my car what I had on the back bumper of my truck (A tractor light with a manual switch in the cab) Real handy for backing up in a dark driveway or.....Flashing someone that's following too close>